cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware

Highlighted
Journeyman

Firmware

Today I got a message on my phone that asked me if I wanted to install Firmware that "fixes problems" ... not knowing where this message came from, I selected "no"... it asked me then if I was sure, and again I checked that I was sure. To me, this message could have been "Junk Mail" the same as getting phone call or text message from an unknown source... but after I selected "no Firmware" it wrote to me that it was contacting "the server"... ok, so if this is Sprint, how am I supposed to know if it was legit and not going to steal something off my phone? I don't trust _anyone_ these days!!! And if it IS legit, when can I get the opportunity to reselect? What is this "Firmware" anyway and is it free to me if it is from Sprint?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

What phone do you have? Sometime if there is an update there will be a message to update firmware. You can go to update phone and selct update fireware.  If you are not sure where it came from, call customer service.

Highlighted
Wizard

Firmware is a software update for your phone.  Sprint releases updates occassionally and you should be able to find info about it on this forum (under a featured thread for your phone and/or manufacturer or in www.sprint.com/support).  It doesn't cost anything to accept the update and I'd recommend you do so to keep your phone current. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for telling me where to go to update my phone since I did not update when I was prompted, verifying that the message -was- legit since I was concerned it was not, and how to update the phone successfully... and where to go in the future if I'm not sure I trust who sent it. Much appreciated!!!

PS.  LG Remarq™ Black is my phone.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat