cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware

Journeyman

Firmware

Today I got a message on my phone that asked me if I wanted to install Firmware that "fixes problems" ... not knowing where this message came from, I selected "no"... it asked me then if I was sure, and again I checked that I was sure. To me, this message could have been "Junk Mail" the same as getting phone call or text message from an unknown source... but after I selected "no Firmware" it wrote to me that it was contacting "the server"... ok, so if this is Sprint, how am I supposed to know if it was legit and not going to steal something off my phone? I don't trust _anyone_ these days!!! And if it IS legit, when can I get the opportunity to reselect? What is this "Firmware" anyway and is it free to me if it is from Sprint?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Firmware

What phone do you have? Sometime if there is an update there will be a message to update firmware. You can go to update phone and selct update fireware.  If you are not sure where it came from, call customer service.

Wizard

Firmware is a software update for your phone.  Sprint releases updates occassionally and you should be able to find info about it on this forum (under a featured thread for your phone and/or manufacturer or in www.sprint.com/support).  It doesn't cost anything to accept the update and I'd recommend you do so to keep your phone current. 

Journeyman

Thanks for telling me where to go to update my phone since I did not update when I was prompted, verifying that the message -was- legit since I was concerned it was not, and how to update the phone successfully... and where to go in the future if I'm not sure I trust who sent it. Much appreciated!!!

PS.  LG Remarq™ Black is my phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat