Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgotten Restrict and Lock code

Patron

Forgotten Restrict and Lock code

Hi, I have a Rumor 2 and my friend changed my restrict and lock code but does not remember what it was changed to. How do I reset it?

3 REPLIES 3
Master

If you can get the phone to accept the "#" key you can reset/wipe the phone by pressing ##786# then entering the MSL code from Sprint.  If you can't get to the "#" key you will have to go to a Sprint Service and Repair center to have the software reloaded and fees may apply if you don't have Total Equipment Protection. 

Hope this helps,

Larry

Sprint Advanced Technical Support

Journeyman

what is the MSL code?

Master

It is the Master Subsidy Lock code that must be provided by Sprint to perform certain restricted actions on your phone.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat