cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G5 Camera

Journeyman

G5 Camera

I find it hard to  believe that I'm the first to post here but since I didn't see any significant commenting on the FOCUS issues on the LG G5 I will. I have had the G5 for quite a while and initially it took fine pictures. Somewhere along the way the camera focus became an issue. It simply will not focus in standard auto mode. I wide "3trees" mode it seems to be ok but not normal picture taking. There are literally 100's of posts dating back to 2016. The "FIXES" have been a mix of things from simple to outrageous. I believe there is even a group trying to get litigation going on it. Has nobody else had these problems? What is Sprints position on this issue?  

7 REPLIES 7
GrandMaster

Re: G5 Camera

contact LG.

you can take it into a Sprint repair store but more than likely they will try to

clear data on the camera app itself

perform a cache/partition wipe

and then eventually factory reset it...if none of those work then you will need to contact LG..might as well jump right to the people that actually made the phone.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Here's my exchange with LG. Notice
Renz Ariell has joined
9:33:29 AMRenz Ariell
Hello Tom, how can I help you today?

9:33:57 AMRenz Ariell
Hi Tom!

9:33:57 AMTom 
Is there any solution to the G5 camera focus issue?
9:34:30 AMRenz Ariell
I understand.
No worries I'll do my best to help you with this.

9:34:35 AMRenz Ariell
What are the trouble shooting steps have you tried so far?

9:35:24 AMTom 
Resetting, removing Google play features
9:35:41 AMRenz Ariell
Is that the factory reset?

9:35:52 AMTom 
yes
9:36:04 AMRenz Ariell
Okay

9:36:16 AMRenz Ariell
well that would be the best trouble shooting steps we can perform

9:36:33 AMRenz Ariell
If that did not work, the last option would be the warranty of the device

9:37:09 AMTom
what are the terms of the warranty?
9:37:34 AMRenz Ariell
You need to send in the device to our repair facility so that our technicians can assess it.
And if it is deemed as a manufacturer's defect, we can repair the phone for you at no cost, as long as it is still under our warranty.

9:37:40 AMRenz Ariell
Your phone has a one year limited warranty from the date of purchase or 15 months from the date of manufacture. This warranty does not cover physical, body, cosmetic or moisture damages to the unit.

9:37:45 AMRenz Ariell
Please keep in mind that the process will take about 2 weeks.

9:40:13 AMTom 
this is not satisfactory. my phone is in perfect working condition except for a flaw that LG has known about. I am supposed to go without a phone for 2 weeks?
9:41:38 AMRenz Ariell
I am sorry you feel that way

9:41:48 AMRenz Ariell
However this would be the best option we can offer

9:43:32 AMTom 
I guess I'll be looking for a new phone... unlikely LG. I know you're just the messenger.. but LG has lost a customer if this is the best they can do.
9:43:54 AMRenz Ariell
I understand your decision

9:43:56 AMRenz Ariell
Would there be anything else I could assist you?

9:45:30 AMRenz Ariell
It has been a pleasure to assist you today. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again via Live Chat or phone at 18002430000. Thank you for choosing LG Electronics. We appreciate your business. Have a great day!

9:45:32 AMNotice
Renz Ariell has exited
9:45:32 AMNotice
This chat has been closed.

GrandMaster

unless you have TEP insurance that is the only option you really have. even if you have TEP though you would end up dishing out i believe its about @$200 to get a refurbished device from Asurian.

or be without a device for two weeks while LG checks the device out and tries to fix it.

do you know anyone with a old backup Sprint phone?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have the same issue...and the power button no longer responds. I'm looking for solutions also.

Sprint Social Care

Hello RuggerCoach, as Fireguy mentioned on the previous post, you can try going into Apps into the settings options in the phone and actually go to the Camera App and click storage (not related to your pictures) and to clear cache and clear data.

Obvious possibility, have you tried cleaning the lens and flash area on back? A smudge or scratch on the focus/light sensor or lens could stop it focusing.

Eventually a factory reset (it is recommendable to complete a back up first) if none of this works.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have since tried all known remedies without success. I have seen posts on this problem dating back several years. It must be a product defect (at this point a "known product defect"). I had insurance on my phone and have taken my phone in to Sprint who spent 30 minutes evaluating and attempting in house repairs but ultimately could not repair it in house. The phone has been sent to LG and I have been provided a less than acceptable LG Tribute 5 as a "loaner" phone until such time that I get the repaired/replaced phone back from LG. It has been 1 week so far.

Sprint Social Care

Hey TB58inKC, thanks for sharing your experience! Hopefully, the issue can be fixed soon.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat