cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - if I have an id phone - do I have to DL a id package before I can use it?

Journeyman

HELP - if I have an id phone - do I have to DL a id package before I can use it?

I just got the LG optimus S and it is a Sprint ID phone, which I didnt know at the time, now I do.  I dont like any of the id packages - id rather just DL my own apps... but do I need a ID package in order to use my phone??

Thanks for the advice!

Tags (5)
7 REPLIES 7
Master

I would download the Sprint ID package  it had the basic sprint  apps in it, navigation ,sprint tv ,the sprint zone and a few others

Wizard

mcmates03,

Thanks for the post. To answer your question, yes, you must download an ID pack before your can use the device. You can customize your own ID pack and download the apps you want. I would download the standard "sprint" ID pack to get you started.

Let me know how you make out.

--William

Journeyman

How do I customize my own id pack?  Thats what I would like to do best.  Thank you for your help!!

Sprint Product Ambassador

You can also download the 'Blank' ID pack -- it's just plain vanilla Android with no apps, features or customizations.  Then you can download your own apps, screens, etc and set up your home screens as you like.

Right now we don't have a way for customers to build their own ID pack, but we are looking into it.  (I want to build my own pack too!)

Thanks for the post!

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Wizard

mcmates03 wrote:

How do I customize my own id pack?

mcmates03,

Something that maybe very beneficial to you would be to visit www.sprint.com/learn. You can read and watch tutorials on how to use your devices functions. Let me know if that helps.

-William

Wizard

Will, yours is the best answer on here.

Journeyman

The phone comes with a basic ID on the phone when you first use it. This is the main ID on the phone and can just be used all by its lonesome and is unable to be deleted. You can utilize this "ID" by just downloading apps via the Market and going from there. However, if you are ever curious about some of the cool apps that come with Sprint ID's, check out what they have to offer. Hope this helps.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat