cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Lotus Number 4

Journeyman

Hello Lotus Number 4

I am on my 4th lotus, the first 3 having been defective.  I've always taken great care of my phones, the customer service people even said so when I brought them in.   The first two of my lotus phones began randomly rebooting themselves, and then suddenly they just shut down and wouldn't work anymore.  The people at the store couldn't even get them to turn on anymore.  My third lotus began to shut itself off randomly, so I took it in, because every time I had to get a new one, I had to start from scratch with contacts and such, so I was hoping I could replace it again without having to go through getting my 200 numbers back.

I am now on my 4th lotus, and it has started shutting itself off.  I find this to be rediculous.  My warranty is up in less than a month, and the people at the desk had the audacity to tell me that there was nothing they could do after that warranty went up.  You'd think after going through 4 of the same phones they would give me a new option.  I don't know what it is about this phone, I love the layout of it...it just sucks when it keeps dying on me.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?  Because the people at the service counter told me that no one else was having problems with their LG lotus.

14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

Re: Hello Lotus Number 4

I had the same problem for over a month.  I took it in 3 times and they told me to either update it or try turning the phone off every day for a few minutes.  Nothing helped.  I finally got a replacement yesterday.  This morning 1 call didn't come thru, but I am hoping it was just coincidence and was at the same time my phone alarm was going off, so it went to voicemail.

Hopefully I don't have to go thru 4 of them!

Journeyman

I had the "black out" problem on 3 LG Lotus phones, none of which had ever been in water, dropped or in any way abused. Each was 1-3 mos old. Since I refused to pay extra for insurance on a new phone and believe the phone seller (in this case Sprint) should be responsible for replacing a new defective phone (but they want to refer to the LG company even though you purchase from Sprint). There are many blogs on web about the LG Lotus defects and I would think Sprint and LG would team up to help their customers not give them a hard time. I have horror stories in dealing with Sprint customer service both in person and over phone. Now I'm just hoping the last phone (which was replaced by Sprint but is a rehab, not new) will last thru my 2 yr contract -- at which time, I will not buy LG nor keep Sprint. Sorry Sprint, but you've really disappointed me this time.

Journeyman

i am having exact same problems.going on my 4th lotus in 9 months.1st one replaced after just 3 weeks.im sick and tired of sprint saying that no1 else seems to be having issues like these, yet you read all these complaints on the web.seems to me that sprint would issue a recall or give credits to lotus owners for replacement phones since there is obviously a major problem with this phone.i am very disappointed with sprint due to their lack of concern or care for this situation.i would understand if there were only 1 or 2 complaints of this nature.but hundreds?as for what to do?not sure we have an option,other than jump through their hoops, or pay the money for a new phone.

Journeyman

Maybe we should initiate a class action suit against Sprint for selling us defective Lotus phones and then not supporting us in the problem. I don't understand why Sprint keeps posting a high user satisfaction for the LG Lotus when there are so many complaints about its defectiveness! Of course, they probably do not publish and count the low ratings so they look good. Notice how quickly the price has been dropping on the LG Lotus? Are they trying to unload them (and not support the problems they sell)?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I definitely think SOMETHING has to be done.  I can't get a replacement phone anymore, and mine has stopped recieving 50-75% of phone calls, and it also just randomly turns off sometimes.  My two year contract isn't up for...well, another year, and I do NOT think that this is my fault.  Why does sprint think they aren't at fault for selling a faulty product?

Journeyman

Yes, they lied to me as well and told me no one else had complained or sent their LG Lotus phones back when I called after having gotten no help whatsoever going into a sevice center.  It's so sad because good companies have good customer service. When you screw your customers, they leave.  All the time I get these things in the mail about how Sprint appreciates me being a loyal customer, but when I call or go in, they don't help.

They used to replace phones with new phones back before the stupid insurance.  I actually listened to people in the Socttsdale store trying to get their phones replaced through the ridiculously overpriced insurance and the people were telling them, "we can't help you, you have to file a claim because the insurance is separate from us."  Oh and if you read the insurance plan, they only cover wear and tear from normal usage so if you drop your phone in water, or something like taht, forget ever getting the insurance to pay for a new one.  Basically, the insurance is a waste of money because comapnies are supposed to honor warranties.  The Good Guys didn't honor manufacturers warranties and look what happened to them

Journeyman

OMG!! my beautiful purple Lotus, isnt working???  why me?!?!?  i took really good care of it, and now after two months of getting, it wont charge!!! i had my battery replaced with a brand new one and it didnt make a difference.  I have to have it connected AALLL the time in order for it to work.

Journeyman

No phone promises more and delivers less like the Lotus.  I am on my third which is no longer working.  I opted to pay for the additional warranty because after my first one, I knew what a piece of crap this phone is.  You have no hope save to wait until you can get a new phone.

Journeyman

For those of you experiencing powercycling issues, I suggest checking to see if you have the latest firmware installed, and if not, upgrade.  Version LX600V10 supposedly fixes this problem.  Instructions on how to do this can be found here: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/2284#2284

Journeyman

Just a quick update, yesterday I went into the store, and they are now sending me my SIXTH, yes SIXTH lotus.

The store basically hates me.

Either way, I do not recommend this phone.  I love the layout, and if it worked, it would be the best phone out there for me, but I cannot deal with another defective lotus.

I think 6 is a little ridiculous.

And yes, I do have the newest update.

Journeyman

Last I checked, the Lotus and Lotus Elite's regular prices were the same in Sprint's online catalogue.  I'd try asking them to stop sending you the same defective product and give you the Elite as your next replacement if it happends again.  You should be firm with them about it.  That's what I plan to do if this happens to me.  I ordered mine before I read about everyone else's troubles.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat