cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - Where/how to set time zone on LG Optimus S?

Journeyman

Help - Where/how to set time zone on LG Optimus S?

Sorry if this has been asked before, as I have not figured out how to do a forum-specific search.

I cannot seem to find where to set the time zone on my new LG Optimus S.    Under Settings -> Date and Time I can only set 24/12 hr mode and date format.  No other options appear.   Nothing like it also appears under Settings -> Locaiton & Security, or for that matter Settings -> Wireless & Networks.

Anyone find out how to set the time zone?  (I am in Japan right now where I do not receive a cellular signal, though I have easy access to Wi-Fi - perhaps that's the reason, though I'd find it quite "lame" if it cannot be set manually in times when absent of the network...)

Please advise, your input is welcome, and thank you in advance

5 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Help - Where/how to set time zone on LG Optimus S?

When you go into date and time settings there should be a box that is checked for Automatic.  Try unchecking and then should give an option to change time zone from there.  I hope that helps

Journeyman

Unfortunately when I go to Date & Time there is no option for Automatic mode.  Only two options appear - 24 hours format and Select date format - in spite of what the manual says...

So I'm still baffled - how is one supposed to set the time zone on this phone?  (Perhaps I need to do a firmware update at some point, though right now I am already up to date according to my phone...)

Wizard

I was hoping someone could help you.  Unfortunately, I think it is not possible to set the time zone.  Here is my reasoning:

I have ADW Launcher installed as my home screen replacement application.  With this launcher (or Launcher Pro), I can long press a blank spot and add a custom shortcut.  I set the custom shortcut to Settings/Select Time Zone(.zonelist).  When launching this shortcut, I get the error that the application is not installed on my device.  Choosing other settings will provide a direct link to the specified settings, so the process works, it's just that the option is not available to the Optimus.

Journeyman

Not being able to set the time zone has created a bug with calendar event times before/after daylight savings time being off by one hour. You can use the TimeZone Changer app (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.futurek.android.tzc) to manually set the time zone though.

Journeyman

I had a time issue since daylight savings time started.  Turned the phone off and then back on and it resynced the time.  Maybe that will help someone.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.