cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete the text contacts?

Journeyman

How do I delete the text contacts?

I have an LG Lotus Elite phone and want to delete the contacts that are on my phone in the send text area.  Every time I send a text that contact number stays in the send text contact area.  How do I delete the contacts in this area with out deleting the information in my contacts?  Help!

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: How do I delete the text contacts?

Skipp49,

Here to help. To erase history highlight Home and press OK>History. Press Options (right softkey)>Delete All. If you are certain you want to erase the History, press Delete (left softkey) or press Cancel (right softkey) to return to the previous menu. Please let me know if you have any difficultly doing this.

*Liz

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Liz,

That is not the answer to my question.  I know how to delete history of text messages but I asked about deleting the contacts that are in the send text area of my phone.  When ever I send a text that persons name or number is recorded in the send text area.  I push the text button on my phone and it takes to the contacts I have sent text messages to.  That is the list I want to delete.  Any Ideas?

Master

Skipp49,

I apologize for the misunderstanding. I do not have an actual phone to test so I'm strictly going off of information in the user guide. By going into your sent texts is there an option button? If you click on options you should be able to delete all sent texts. Please let me know if you’re not seeing this option.  

*Liz

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Liz,

Thank you for the reply.  When I push the text button on the front of the phone it takes me to a window that says send to.  Under that is a an option to go to contacts, below that is a list of people I have sent a text to which is not my main contact list. That is the list I want to edit or delete those contacts. There is no choice for a options button, on the left side there is a choice to select multiple and on the right side is new addr. 

Journeyman

Liz,

I just got a response from LG Customer Support, they said there is no way to edit or delete the contacts on the recently texts sent list.  Thank you for your help with this issue.

Skipp49

Journeyman

I was able to delete the contact list in the recent text send list.  I had to reset the phone but did save the contact list via Bluetooth to my computer.  I had to put the contacts back in my phone manually one by one.  It seems there is no option to import them with blue tooth on the LG Lotus Elite phone.  I then had to change all my settings.  If you need to do this be sure to save any notes or other information you in your stuff folder or you will loose it.  Thanks to the one post someone put up with something about this but not on the Lotus Elite phone.

Master

Skipp49,

Thank you for the feedback, it is appreciated!

Stephanie C.

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat