cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix facebook sign in (on LG rumor touch) Error: Unknown Method? (message)

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

How to fix facebook sign in (on LG rumor touch) Error: Unknown Method? (message)

Ok apparently when i try to sign in on facebook its telling me Error: Unknown Method. How do I fix this?

Tags (3)
11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Re: How to fix facebook sign in (on LG rumor touch) Error: Unknown Method? (message)

I am having the same problem - is it a system-wide problem with the facebook app, or the operating system, or is there a way to fix it manually?

Journeyman

Re: How to fix facebook sign in (on LG rumor touch) Error: Unknown Method? (message)

same problem.

first FB said on my wall, that there were no posts. after a refresh it said the same, so i logged out.  trying to log in...... unknown method.

my wife today just bought the same phone as me,(LG rumor touch).  on the log in screen we can not type the ''@''  into the email address....

i know its not a fix, but you should be able to log into facebook through the web browser... which sucks... but untill an answer or  sprint fixes the issue it will do.... i guess

Journeyman

NOTE:  we bought my wifes LG R. T. t this evening. when she started playing with the phone, trying to log on to facebook, it made herdownload an update.. after the download. she tried to log in she was un able to type the "@" in her email address,

i havent used my FB on my phone untill just now, when i started it,i  was prompted to download an update. after the update it logged on to my account, i belive because it was aready setup in my phone. I have the name and password set to remember, so it logs right in.... but fb says "no posts on wall" 

this is when i tried to refesh the page but that didnt work. so i logged out, in an attempt to log back in.  thats when i got the "unknown method" error.

so at this point i clicked off the "remember me" option, tried retyping my email address and now i cannot type in the "@" into the email....

so this is a sprint wide problem, all the social network programs FB MS TWTR  they all have the same issue.

again just log in throught the web browser for now untill the next update comes down the pipe

Journeyman

ya thats what mine did aswell, it was saying their was no posts at all. then now i cant sign in because of this Error: Unknown Method

Patron

I'm having the exact same problem.  First no post, now the same error.  Any one have a solution or contact Sprint?

Journeyman

went to the sprint store.... we are pretty much boned.  at least untill who ever is doing the update programing for the fb apps figure out what is wrong...

basically whats going to happen is... when it is fixed, when you click on the fb icon and it starts loading, it will prompt you to download and update. then it will probably be fine after that........

we just have to wait untill the issue is solved internally, nothing we can do to fix it, other than calling sprint and complaining to some guy or girl that you cant really understand what they are saying... not much we can do but wait.

maybe if a bunch a people really complain that might get the ball rolling alittle faster, but i doubt it

Journeyman

lol so true haha. Thanks for finding out the problem.

Journeyman

I have the same problem , cant log in , and when i was able to log in after i did the  download i wasnt able to type in symbols ..

This blows ! i hope it works soon !

Do you guys happen to know how to set the camera picture size so when it goes to your facebook its not a small size ? like an icon ?

Journeyman

hm, do you mean when you sign in on facebook you are able to take a picture with the top right camera icon? Well i'm not sure if you can adjust that. However if you just take a basic picture with out being in Facebook using the Camera in general and send it to facebook it will come out normal size. (not small)

Journeyman

oh great  that might work

I really hope this Rumor facebook app gets fixed

Journeyman

Ya i hope so too

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat