cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I recently bought a LG Rumor Touch from a friend and something is wrong with it. Is this phone on my warranty and can i get a replacement no charge?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I recently bought a LG Rumor Touch from a friend and something is wrong with it. Is this phone on my warranty and can i get a replacement no charge?

Well i bought a LG Rumor Touch from a close friend about 2 weeks ago and everything was going fine with the phone. And then when i called people or they call me they wouldn't be able to hear me but i'd be able to clearly hear them. I believe that the microphone on my phone is broken but i don't know if i'm able to get a replacement for this phone like i did my old phone because i didn't directly buy it from sprint. This situation is really confusing if somebody knows something about this i really hope that you'll answer my question. I'm tired of not being able to talk on the phone when i really need to and end up having to text the person.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Master

If you have Total Equipment Protection Plan on the subscription, For devices to be eligible for repair or replacement through a Sprint Service and Repair channel.Equipment must be active more than 14 days.You can visit Sprint Service and Repair  Center to have your phone checked. May be a Hardware Issue(Microphone).Without a phone protection plan are charged $35.00 (regardless of device) for repairs or replacement of customer's equipment for the life of the phone.Sprint Repair center technicians decide if device meets the Service and Repair policy, the turnaround time, cost and solution (repair or replacement).

Hope this helps

Abe

Highlighted
Journeyman

Through the month of September Sprint is running a promotion on letting anyone activate TEP on their phones. I would activate TEP and then either take it in to a store for it to be fixed/replaced or call Technical Support for an Advanced Exchange.

Highlighted
Master

It is not currently acceptable to add insurance to a device that you know has a problem.  In fact you will be asked if it does have a problem before the insurance is added.  Also, if you make a claim for the device, Asurion requires that the device be sent back.  They also keep their own independent records of the device on previous accounts along with the notes on those accounts.- I am just stating this because the more information you have the better.

Thanks

-John

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat