cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else having bluetooth issues?

Is anyone else having bluetooth issues?

I'm curious to see if anyone besides myself is experiencing problems with the V20 and bluetooth devices. My problem in particular is with the bluetooth setup in my car. Now, I know UConnect isn't the benchmark for these things, personally I've had more better experiences with Microsoft's SYNC system, but I find UConnect to be simpler and more straightforward in some areas. BUT, that's beside the point. My problem is that my V20 regularly has problems connecting to UConnect, and 80% of the time will be unresponsive to steering wheel button inputs as well as touchscreen inputs on the UConnect unit itself. I'll have to pick up the phone to do anything with music and audio. Obviously, this shouldn't be done while driving, so this has become a nuisance for me. Add to that the fact that I did not have any of these issues with my previous device, a Galaxy Note7 (I REALLY MISS THAT THING) or the one before that, a Galaxy Note5. They would both operate flawlsessly in this area. SO, is anyone else getting this?

8 REPLIES 8
GrandMaster

Re: Is anyone else having bluetooth issues?

i had zero issues with BT on the V20. only time i really ran it was while in my truck with a non stock BT stereo. controls always worked for me without a hitch. i am running the G6 now. did this come in after any updates to your phone or has it been like this since day one? how old is your car? could the difference be the BT frequencies? new compared to a bit older? off the top of my head i cant remember which BT set up this phone has now.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

Man, it's been a WHILE since I've been here. Kind of annoying to have a separate sign-in for this and for the main site... Anyway, the BT problems persist, and are intermittent. That makes it worse to me because I get in the car expecting things to work and it just doesn't 70% of the time. My car is a 2015 Dodge with the UConnect setup. There's been an update in my notifications on the V20 for what seems like months now, I refuse to go through with it. Solely because I've been cursed by every other update I've done on every Sprint device I've had since my Hero. I've had several since then, different brands for some, and the only ones I haven't had update problems with were my Samsung Galaxy devices. Well, the Note 5 had a few issues, if I remember correctly. Man, I miss that thing and my Note 7. And again, those both worked fine. And now I find out that Sprint won't throw us a bone for the Note8 which I've been waiting impatiently for since I was forced to give up my Note7 last year. The only reason I even have the V20 is because it's the only thing close to my Note7 spec-wise that they had at the store I had to go to, aside from an iPhone 7. This sucks.

Journeyman

I have a Toyota Corolla. The issue I have is occasionally when switching from USB, to bluetooth, to radio and back, sometimes bluetooth loses connectivity for MEDIA but not PHONE CALLS. So I have to go into bluetooth and disconnect and reconnect and it works again.

Other issue is a 4 second lag, but I am told that can't be stopped and that it's something with bluetooh (then why did my Google Nexus phone have no trouble?).

GrandMaster

one big test would be if it happens on any other BT connections or just on that particular vehicle?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

This is similar to what I'm experiencing, with the difference being that it happens regardless of whether I'm switching audio inputs or not. My car is set up to automatically connect to my phone when the key is in the ON, ACC, or RUN positions, and it will do so sometimes, and of those sometimes, it won't connect for media. Or it will say it is, but not play anything. Weird part is, it's inconsistent. Lately it's been working okay, but there are times when it seems to have no functionality at all. It's like a gamble.

Excellent idea, and I have tested this device with other vehicles and gotten the same results. I haven't, however, tested other devices with my car yet. That'll be my next step.

Journeyman

I don't have any other devices to test in my car.  The friend I drive around with the most has no cell phone. Although I am seeing my cousin next week, but she's on iPhone not Android.

As for testing my phone in someone else's car, again the same problem. The friend I hang around with the most (and my Cousin/her Husband) all have older cars with no bluetooth.

I updated the firmware in my car, but it did not improved connectivity.

GrandMaster

it could end up being a compatibility issue with the BT version in the phone compared to the BT in your vehicle..main reason that different BT device test would help out a lot..if it stays connected just fine to another BT connection you just narrowed down the probable issue.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat