cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after latest security Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Issues after latest security Update

Since the previous security update and this weeks I am having the issues below despite hard resetting. Anyone else seeing them?

• Second screen bluetooth connection message notification pops up way later after already disconnected. I have to go into settings and reset the second screen.
  • Notifications from multiple applications do not show up for a long time on the main screen. I can be in apps and everything works great but the notification I expect doesn't show up for 30 minutes to hours later.
  • Google Play store hangs for a long time installing applications. They install but seriously a long time , I am sitting on 5 minutes right now on one 32 mb application that is 100% downloaded just sits there.

Any one have thoughts? This happened prior to a hard reset and happening now.

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted

Hey there Shdwlark. Have you noticed if the delay in notifications happen with specific apps? Or just randomly? Regarding the time the Play Store takes to install apps once they've finished downloading, is it happening regardless the size of the app? Or does it take less time for smaller ones? Both the notifications delay and app installing times, are those happening while using data, a Wi-Fi network or both? I'm not seeing anything regarding the Bluetooth second screen for now.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been having the notification issue since the update (I received it on 6/8/17). Apps that I would expect notifications from (including timed notifications) are not being received on-time.

Additionally, I have been having LTE issues since installing the update; specific band is not working; I do have an open ticket that is recommending me to have my SIM replaced but it seems odd that this issue lined up with the most recent update.
Highlighted

alphaomegadw

Do any of my above questions apply in your case?

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

It doesn't matter the size of the application. I have 8 pending updates only two of them succeeded over night.  I have stripped most of my apps off to trouble shoot it but that is not doing any good.

As for notifications its all applications Banking, Twitter, Facebook, Gmail they all show up allot later then real time.

Second screen there are many people on the web talking about this as an issue.

LG wants me to send my phone back for warranty repair to them but I can't be without it for two weeks. They know there is an issue and requires warranty exchange but their process is hideous. Fill out app online then get pre-paid shipping label and wait 2 weeks after mailing it. really who can go without a phone for two weeks?

Highlighted

Alphaomegadw,

I have lost LTE twice since last weeks update.  This was fixed from talking to second level support and rework through hands free activation again. Without doing this process the only data I had was via WIFI.

Fix from 2nd level for no LTE service:

"

Rian H : please disconnect wifi

Rian H : 3.From the home screen, tap Phone.

4.Dial ##72786#.

5.Read the Warning prompt then tap OK. ?The device restarts then reconnects to the network.

? Hands-Free Activation begins again."

Highlighted

Also for got to add the Notification issue happens regardless of data connectivity.2017-06-15 14.00.52.png

Highlighted

My notification issue appears to be happening at least of data, if not wifi also. For example, currently connected on 3G (since my LTE won't work where I am currently), I did not receive notifications of these thread responses for ~1 hour compared to the 5-10 minutes that it would take prior to this update.

Regarding the application install issue, I have not noticed this being any different as compared to before the update; my applications will typically only update over wifi and at times take a while if multiple apps are downloading/updating at the same time.

Regarding my connectivity issues, hands free activation did not resolve it (tech already had my try). Issue is specific to LTE band 25; phone shows typical signal (-100dB to -80dB at current location) and a connection to the tower but no data will download over that band. LTE works fine over every other band it connects to however 25 appears to be priority. I was wondering if something physical happened to my device however the fact it can connect and maintain a signal on that band would seem to argue against that probability; curious if its an issue relating to the SIM as tech suggested or something firmware related.

Highlighted

post your zip code and closest cross streets. it could just be coincidental that you updated your phone and are now having issues with band 25...the tower itself might be having issues with it. does it improve once you leave the area and youre connected to 25?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Doesn't seem to work on Band 25 anywhere. 2 other devices (Galaxy s6 and s8+) on my plan work fine on band 25 in the same locations.
Highlighted

As another Example I just got a flood of play store not responding messages. I have gone and deleted data and cache after a force stop. even rebooted.

And another example for notification is I am not getting my push notifcations from Ring. So apps impacted: Chase, Facebook, Ring, Capital One, Gmail, Text Messaging.

Highlighted

I have had the Playstore Not Responding message a few times but generally related to my LTE issue when data drops.

Just curious what LTE band your phone is currently connecting to (app such as LTE Discovery can tell you this).
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat