cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after latest security Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Issues after latest security Update

Since the previous security update and this weeks I am having the issues below despite hard resetting. Anyone else seeing them?

• Second screen bluetooth connection message notification pops up way later after already disconnected. I have to go into settings and reset the second screen.
  • Notifications from multiple applications do not show up for a long time on the main screen. I can be in apps and everything works great but the notification I expect doesn't show up for 30 minutes to hours later.
  • Google Play store hangs for a long time installing applications. They install but seriously a long time , I am sitting on 5 minutes right now on one 32 mb application that is 100% downloaded just sits there.

Any one have thoughts? This happened prior to a hard reset and happening now.

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted

one other thing i need you guys to do..go into your settings-mobile data and if your phone is ste to Automatic try switching it to CDMA/LTE...then restart your phone and see if it has improved or not..if its already set to CDMA/LTE disregard.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Already set to LTE/CDMA, actually currently set to CDMA because, again, LTE Band 25 not working.

Familiar with boot loader, had to use it many times on my G3 (not sure why I got the V20 since G3 was giving me issues). Volume Down + Power button from off state.

I've even popped off the battery cover and looked around back there to see if I could find the antenna (which I can't, probably somewhere else), but nothing there other than typical dust and lots of those little pins that connect to the cover (look like some setup for wireless charging...)

Would be easier to accept it as physical damage if NO LTE was working, or if my phone was showing no LTE Band 25 connection, but the fact it shows a connection but doesn't work just seems... like its a software issue of some sort.
Highlighted

I completed the wipe partition from the recover boot loader.  It still hangs on installing and push notifications.

Highlighted

can you confirm this is happening only on a specific band of LTE?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

I'm seeing normal activity around the areas provided by Shdwlark and alphaomegadw. No open tickets for the nearby towers or anything.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat