cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with LG Rumor and Pic Mail to other networks.

Journeyman

Issues with LG Rumor and Pic Mail to other networks.

I can send and receive picture mail from anyone in the Sprint network (which is like TWO of my friends, whoopeee) but it doesn't work with other networks. I never get an error code, just that the pic mail was sent, but my friends never receive them. Same with when people from other networks pic mail me their phone says it sent but I never receive it. Ihave talked to Sprint tech dept several times and I am always able to get the pic mails when THEY send them to me (but then again they are on the Sprint network!).

I have been told twice now that the Pic Mail feature is ONLY guaranteed on the Sprint network and not all networks are compatible. BOOO! Anyone have any advice or suggestions?!?!!?!?! Seems like I'm paying for a service that I can barely even use!!!

THANKS!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Issues with LG Rumor and Pic Mail to other networks.

MMS across networks is dodgy at best.  Every carrier has a slightly different interpretation of the standards, and the standards aren't crystal clear.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty, but I don't have a good answer for you... 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Sprint Picture Mail definitely does works with Verizon Pix Messaging as everyone I know has Verizon and are becoming quite camera-happy.

Message Edited by ScottMSanders on 07-17-2008 08:14 PM

Journeyman

What network are you trying to send to? I've sent PM messages to people on AT&T and Verizon, and I know they worked. (Maybe even T-Mobile, too).

Sprint has a "unique" way of sending picture messages...sometimes I wish it were like other carriers, where when you got the message, you didn't have to click on a link sent in a text to look at it. Most other carriers, the picture appears right in the text message and you can reply to it right away. But, I believe that Sprint was the first to have picture messaging, so perhaps that's why.

Journeyman

Most of my friends are on US CELLULAR or ALLTEL networks. The pic mails for sure don't work to/from those networks from my Sprint phone. I guess I will just have to get all my friends to switch to Sprint huh. 😉

I'm somewhat over it, just hoping that in the future the pic mail feature is compatible across all the boards!

Journeyman

I am so glad I happened to be looking through random posts on here and happened across yours! I have been having the exact same problem with my Samsung Moment and picture messaging and am soo glad I am not the only one finding I was having a problem! The great majority of my friends have Verizon (which I switched from about a month ago in the plans of saving money every month on my access/plan charges, which I am!). However, had I known this situation would happen, I may have thought twice about paying the little extra with Verizon and stayed with them, but now am locked into a 2 year contract with Sprint. I do send, I'm not going to say a lot, but a fair amount of picture messages, to friends and family, but not enough that this is really upsetting me a whole great big bunch, although, I agree that there should be a more standardized protocol and platform for internetwork messaging and not the varied interpretations of "standards" as someone else on the board mentioned. It makes it difficult because my picture mail account online will show all my messages sent, but my Verizon friends and family are unable to "retrieve" the messages and they don't tell me anything about a link in the message to be able to link to a browser and look at the pictures I send them. I try to email the pics to them via my phone to say their blackberry emails and I still wind up with the same problem (which I think is bizarre because I'm composing an email, which to me should be a separate entity than a regular picture message). Unfortunately, I guess it is just something I will have to deal with from here on out and in 2 years consider how badly I still want that feature and reconsider sticking with the network or changing back to Verizon providing prices are better. I hope there is a fix or some type of change coming in the near future to help alleviate this problem cuz as someone said, I"m paying for a feature that really honestly doesn't even really work.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat