cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 - UICC Unlock authentication error and "invalid SIM"

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G4 - UICC Unlock authentication error and "invalid SIM"

I paid off this device and went to another carrier in September 2017. I was told this phone was unlocked for both international and domestic CDMA/GSM use. I tried it abroad - no good. I tried it last week, and called Sprint Customer Care, went to a Sprint store, chatted with customer support twice. They keep telling me it is unlocked.

It is not. SIMs from other carriers show "invalid SIM" and I get an "Authentication Error" message when I attempt the UICC Unlock from System Updates. I have tried this with a new SIM as well as with the old Sprint UICC card. I've tried factory reset.

This phone was a very expensive brick. Please unlock it so I can actually use it.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: LG G4 - UICC Unlock authentication error and "invalid SIM"

Has anyone had success getting DSU to work on a Sprint LG G4?

I was told to make sure the phone is turned on for 5 days after my request last weekend. I have done that but there's still no change. Sprint reps keep saying the phone is unlocked according to their records.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello ughh1, we'd like to take a look into this situation for you. I will send you a private message so we can get to work on your case. Please check your inbox once you are available.

Fausto
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have LG G7 Sprint. the seller says it's unlockedm but i have the same issue UICC Unlock authentication error and "invalid SIM"!

Highlighted

You can send me a PM with the IMEI of this phone and I can take a look. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: LG Dynasty- UICC Unlock authentication error and "invalid SIM"

I have same problem with LG Dynesty, please help to unlock the phone.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat