cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 APN NOT ABLE TO ADD OR EDIT

Journeyman

LG G5 APN NOT ABLE TO ADD OR EDIT

I recently got the LG G5 unlocked.  I verified this by putting in a Tmobile and a Cricket sim card.  The phone was able to make calls and mms on both networks but it was not able to connect to the internet.  The data was not working.  I tried to update the APN but there are no three dots, or edit, or add button.  I even put the Sprint sim back in and it still would not allow to edit.  Please Help.  I do have active account with Sprint.  Thx

3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care

Re: LG G5 APN NOT ABLE TO ADD OR EDIT

Hello there! Thanks for your post.

Please bear in mind that since Sprint devices are specifically designed to function on Sprint's network and Sprint's frequencies and technologies, Sprint does not make any guarantees as to a Sprint device's performance on another carrier's network or that any or all device features or functions will be fully or partially operational.

We're able to provide the necessary support to ensure the device is successfully unlocked, other than that, we're unable to provide further technical support for the phone.

I'd say it's a good idea getting in contact with the new service provider to verify the device's compatibility with their network and for any further assistance on setting up the phone. You might also want to reach out to the manufacturer.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I know it is unlocked because  it shows on the phone and verified 3 different times by sprint.  I did contact Lg and Cricket and they both told me to call sprint.  Do I need to put the phone back in service and back on my account and then call the Unlock department to resend the update?

Sprint Social Care

@ggbeachbum. You shouldn't need to request to unlock the phone again if the phone is accepting other carriers SIM cards. If you have Wi-Fi on, you need to power it off and make sure the Mobile Data is on to be able to change the APN. Go to Tools > Settings > Networks tab > Mobile data. If that doesn't work, I'd advise you to contact LG, but through their community page. Click here to start.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat