cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 invalid sim after android update

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G5 invalid sim after android update

I am overseas and I got an android update. I updated my LG G5 phone to Nougat 7.0 Now my phone says invalid sim and appears to be locked again. My phone was unlocked and I was using a non sprint service as my phone and sprint are paid off. Any help out there?

Tags (1)
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: LG G5 invalid sim after android update

Good afternoon wildwarren. That is weird, have you tried contacting Our International Department?  

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Did you get this problem resolved.  I am having the same issue and have been getting the finger-pointing game for 2 weeks.  I am at a loss as to what to do because no one has an answer.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello jinvest, I will gladly look into this for you, please send me a private message with the MEID/IMEI.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem in my LG g5 when I update it to ls992zvd .I get sim invalid.I need help with that

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hello shihabyaqob. When did you update your device? Are you overseas also?  

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry for the late reply. I am in Asia till late February. No, actually I tried very hard when I was in Singapore for a week to get someone to help me and got nowhere. Sprint told me there was nothing they can do till I get back to USA and in "their" airspace to REUNLOCK my paid for phone. I bought a phone in Thailand to get me by till I get back to USA. I know it was an Asian update that locked up my phone but their is little info on why. Sprint knew I was going overseas and never informed me of this risk. I am using the phone for wifi and picture taking. Now I just got another update on it and I am in Cambodia. I suppose their are unlock codes or procedures to pay for to get the phone unlocked but I am going to wait till I get back to Colorado. I was a 12 year Sprint customer but you can imagine how I feel about Sprint now. Hope you have or can find a solution.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So Sprint is still confused about android updates done overseas and a solution? You should warn all of your customers to not update their phones when overseas then as a courtesy to your customers.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey wildwarren, you may reach out to RC1024 to have this issue investigated. He works for Sprint as well.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

hello,i have the same problem in Bulgaria after update. Can u help me? I have bought my phone over EBAY and after update not working. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

spikeyto,

Hey! Thank you for reaching out. In order for me to help with this, I will need the account owner's name of the last associated on the account  where the device was active for the last time and the account number as well. You can get in contact with the eBay seller in order for you to get this information.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

This issue will not be resolved by Sprint.  Nor will it be resolved by another carrier in the event that you paid your lease in full and Sprint unlocked it.  Nor will LG do anything about it because I am sure they have better things to do than worry about a update that started with them.  This is a classic case of nobody has a answer so you will have to figure it out for yourself.  I sold the phone at a 75% loss, as it is ONLY usable with in the Sprint network and am extremely irritated about it.  But hey somebody got paid the full price for the phone, right?  SMH

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat