cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 invalid sim after android update

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: LG G5 invalid sim after android update

out of curiosity are all of you out of country that are running into this? were any of you here in the states when this happened?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am in the states.  Wisconsin to be specific.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

well no wonder it happened...youre surrounded by cheese 😄

ok that ruled out one theory..shoot.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Nothing wrong with a little humor!:  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hi Jinvest, I want you to know I do have people looking into this for us, I will keep you up to date with what we find out from time to time.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey, did you find a solution for this? I bought an used LG V20 unlocked sprint phone when I was in the USA some months ago. Now it just received the android 8 update and I got invalid sim issue. So not funny. 

Highlighted

Did the phone complete the software update? I'll look up the IMEI again and see if it is still showing unlocked. If it is, we'll have to submit the unlock ticket again as a phone that missed the unlock signal.

I'll send you a private message to get the IMEI.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Never did get it figured out.  Sold the phone at a loss only to find out that the phone was messed up from the update to the point of functions not working properly, ended up refunding the money back and told the buyer to just keep the phone.  I'll never consider buying another LG phone again.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat