LG G5 not able to configure APN

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: LG G5 not able to configure APN

I have activated a Kyivstar network in Ukraine

Highlighted

08Martinez,

Sprint phones are programmed and some of the APN settins are not allowed for the customers to change it but our restriction is only until the phone is active on the Sprint network but as soon as the devices are unlocked any type of Sprint restriction is taken off and the phone is now set as default and settings are default to the manufacturer settings.

Technically it is not possible that after unlocking the phone from Sprint, the user is getting any restriction from our end but I can say that the restriction can be from the manufacturer end. 

sometimes carriers can customize the software on any phone they sell, and that includes blocking the ability to change the APN. Even if your phone is unlocked. You might be able to find a workaround posted on the internet, but there is also a good chance that you're just not going to be able to use it on certain networks. If you have your SIM Carsd inserted from Altice (which is the carrier you are trying to use correct) and you are not able to change the APN settings, then like I said, you may not be able to do so, or you can always try a Hard Reset. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

You can throw the phone away if I unlocked the phone and can’t register my apn ex settings.

Highlighted
Wizard

Howdy Romasik. I'm sorry to say, at this time, the APN is non adjustable. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Make updates android 8.0 under our phones so that you can change the apn atoms for other phones there are updates and forgot about us.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can't update to Android 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

Friend, I offered the company a sprint so that they did an Android 8 for this phone so that we could change the settings of the apn.

good phone but the sprint company does not want to give us access to apn and update the operating system until 8 we were cheated by the other phones they updated other models.

Highlighted
Journeyman

телефон разблокирован, но работает только на граничном соединении. Если я захожу в настройки apn, то нет возможности настроить apn, и соединение довольно слабое

Android 7.0. Патч безопасности 1 февраля 2018 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat