cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 Android Oreo (8.0) update

Journeyman

Re: LG G6 Android Oreo (8.0) update

So still a problem..like a dummy I reset my phone to no avail... Any word on when LG may fix bluetoothe devices that use GOAP?

Community Manager

No clue and honestly, I've never heard of GOAP related to Bluetooth.  Bluetooth is usually addressed by the OS.  The OEM is tasked with the hardware to run Bluetooth protocols and such.  Have you tried development mode (my bosses are groaning at that statement) and changed the AVRCP version?  Oreo introduced new AVRCP version and codecs.

Journeyman

I dont think it relates to AVRCP since it still works fine with 3 other devices that I regularly use that control with AVRCP. 

Journeyman

I meant GOEP...typos. I took your suggestion and tried avrcp 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6. None made improvement resetting network settings and delete pairing from car each time. I think 1.5 was also set before the update.

GrandMaster

Non related to the current convo post.. But I pulled the trigger and did the update.. No issues spotted on my end so far. 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

i will however be performing a cache/partition wipe on my phone. i tend to do this after every OS update and have yet to get the time to do this..phones still working like a champ though..

now to try and figure out if i can get rid of the deal where you back out of an app and if your app is added into a folder that folder is still open and you must exit out of that as well before it takes you back to the main screen. not sure if that is how O is supposed to do it or if its just how it handles apps in a folder.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

i will however be performing a cache/partition wipe on my phone. i tend to do this after every OS update and have yet to get the time to do this..phones still working like a champ though..

now to try and figure out if i can get rid of the deal where you back out of an app and if your app is added into a folder that folder is still open and you must exit out of that as well before it takes you back to the main screen. not sure if that is how O is supposed to do it or if its just how it handles apps in a folder.

I do not recall, I'm on P now.  Oreo is so last month. Smiley LOL

GrandMaster

i already knew you were a lost cause to ask since you were probably on P by now anyways lol.

it is a bit odd though but it might just end up being one of those things you just have to get used to that is brought in by an update..im not seeing any complaints about it as of yet so im not to worried.

GrandMaster

actually are your apps all scattered across your screen(s) or do you have them added together in folders to keep stuff easy to access/find? might be something that followed through to P.

Journeyman

Are you usung the stock launcher? what does your homescreen look like?

GrandMaster

stock launcher using the apps drawer set up. i put the majority of my apps into  files on the main screen. if i jump into for example my banking app or a game..when i back out instead of going right to the main screen again i run into the folder and then i have to back out of that as well to get back to my main screen.

Community Manager

I'm trying to imagine what you are describing.  All the G6's are checked out in our device lab.  Screenshot me/us.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat