Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 Android Oreo (8.0) update

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G6 Android Oreo (8.0) update

Hi guys,

Anyone have an idea of when the LG G6 is going to get the Oreo update?

The OS was released in August of 2017, it's almost February and I'm curious to see what's going on.

136 REPLIES 136
Highlighted

Yeah i have a home stereo headset and basic car stereo that it works fine in but the daily driver has a car stereo with caller id track infor...etc that will only connect to media audio if i delete the pairing and repair.

Highlighted

so every time you want to use it you must wash rinse repeat with unpairing and then re pairing?

thats actually pretty sucky lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

I've had this problem in the past with other devices. Make sure to do the unpairing and forget from the stereo too! That's what's fixed it for me in the past.

I've also noticed the folder being open still after backing out of an app. Nice when opening the wrong app by mistake. However I do not like the folder being smaller and only showing 9 apps now, used to be something like 16. Also the app drawer doesn't automatically maintain your desired sort setting. Have to reapply every time a new app is installed or in is removed

Highlighted

I prefer the autowash.

Highlighted

@dave011182

are you meaning when an app is in the folder and isnt used for a decent amount of time it gets pulled out? or something else?

im also randomly getting the charging cord/port moisture notifications..only happened twice so far and i might have an idea on it that i want to test but i need it to happen again to me lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

are you meaning when an app is in the folder and isnt used for a decent amount of time it gets pulled out? or something else?

Folders on the home screen will only show 9 apps now. If you have more than 9 the folder will have pages like the home screen and app drawer instead of showing them all like it did before the update.

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

Im also randomly getting the charging cord/port moisture notifications..only happened twice so far and i might have an idea on it that i want to test but i need it to happen again to me lol.

I've had to clean my charging port multiple times for slow charging caused by lint keeping the cord from fully seating in the port. I need to find a good holster to get it out of my pocket all the time. But I wasn't getting a moisture warning.

Highlighted

my port is crystal clean. i think it has something to do with multiple things running in the background and or stuck in there recent apps memory and possibly taxing it making it think its not getting enough power? i have multiple fast charge wall adapters. last night it happened to me again and i cleared the recent apps and it worked fine after that..but i need it to happen again to see if it was just a fluke or if that actually worked to clear the error.

i was also playing a game so that might have added to it at that point..but i need it to happen more so i can dink with it and test some theories.

Highlighted

and yeah. i noticed the change up on the folders.. it actually shows 9 and then you must slide it to the side. it went from showing a ton of them to now showing nine per page.

Highlighted

Spoke to LG and it appears the folder thing is by design.  It was mentioned the Samsung S9 does the same thing.  With that said, they said they will monitor customer sentiment and if there are a storm of complaints of dissatisfaction, they will look into it.

The bluetooth deal is OS and all that was added was those AVCP profiles and audio codecs.

Highlighted

OH YEAH @fireguy_6364!  RCS went in effect on the G6 on the 13th.

Highlighted

the folders staying active after exiting an app is exited or that they no longer show the full list of apps in there and you must slide it to see the next set of apps?

Highlighted

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

OH YEAH @fireguy_6364!  RCS went in effect on the G6 on the 13th.

i thought i spotted someone saying this..i dont have the dots showing who is active etc. i do have the options in advances settings though..all turned on.

then again i didnt get anything as of yet saying " do more with Android messages"...wonder if that might be why?  i have a bookmark that talks about it but nothing in there that says if you DIDNT receive this message do this.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat