cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 Android Oreo (8.0) update

Community Manager
Journeyman

Re: LG G6 Android Oreo (8.0) update

Strange, I don't have any of those issues.

Do you use the SprintID/etc? I basically disabled every bit of bloat that Sprint tacks on in the software, the only thing I didn't disable is the Voicemail app and the MySprint app.
Journeyman

Got notification this morning if the update being ready to install somewhere around 1800mb. Took about 30 min to install and optimize. So far all seems good. Funny like the new layout for the list core in settings, or the folders on home end bring smaller and paged for more than 9 items though.

Had to setup some widgets again too but almost everything stayed the same. Still figuring out what all has changed. Battery life has sucked today, but that's birthday after an update like this.

Journeyman

Sprint ID update send ok now . Thanks William

Community Manager

No problem.

GrandMaster

there is a post somewhere in here that explains the changes this update brought in. one of them was i believe badges and notifications..or maybe it was badge notifications..i'll have to try and find it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Is this being rolled out in batches? I still don't show the update yet

Cheers
J
GrandMaster

yeah all updates push out in batches so they dont overload their system.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yay! I got the update. Do'h! It messed up bluetooth. Works fine with avrcp/a2dp/hsp. But it will not connect to my pioneer deh-x6810bt anymore for music. I tried to disable pbap but i think its using other protocols that im not aware of. Any of you having BT problems?

Community Manager

I haven't heard.  Did you forget the device under bluetooth settings?

Journeyman

Yeah i deleted the pairing on both and it works once when I pair it again. Basic bluetooth devices still work fine. Like home stereo and bluetooth headsets.

Community Manager

Coolio  

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat