cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 Android Oreo (8.0) update

GrandMaster

Re: LG G6 Android Oreo (8.0) update

dumb question but you know how to slide an app over another so they start getting put into a file correct? when you click on that file it opens up and shows you all the apps you have added in there..that thing is what i back out to instead of it taking me right back to my home page or main screen showing me time etc..i tried firing you a pic the other day and it was to large lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

You have to back out of app and folder on most stock launchers right? Been using ADW for some time so i can make launcher what i want it to be.

GrandMaster

That's the weird part. Usually before if I jumped into an app in one of the folders the folder itself would close when I excited the app. I would just back out and be at the main screen.. That's the only odd ball thing I've noticed so far with this update. 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

I'll grab one out the lab tomorrow and see what it do.

Journeyman

I see the same when I switch to the app drawer launcher. I thought it was supposed to do that. You back out of apps from habit of old versions of android?

GrandMaster

correct...hard habit to get away from. i could just do the quickie exit and then clear recent apps (not OCD...well maybe slightly when it comes to things running in the background of my phone etc lol). the app drawer home is the closest to how most other OEM's have theirs set up..learned that one when i got the Flex2 or maybe it was the V20..didnt do it prior to O though so im guessing its either something they missed or something they did due to requests.

Community Manager

Weird.  So, on the G6, if I hit the back button and it goes back to the folder.  If I hit the home button, then it goes home.  In comparison, on the G7 it kinda does the same thing.  If you open and immediately hit back, it goes to the folder.  If you open and within the app for awhile and hit back, it does not go to the folder.

GrandMaster

i have a couple games i dink around with usually at least 15 minutes plus with...when i back out of them it takes me back to that folder still. thats why i found it to be weird..never had it happen before until O.

again not a make it or break it kinda deal..just one of those weird things that didnt happen prior that is now noticed.

Community Manager

I meet with LG tomorrow. I will ask.
Journeyman

Would you also ask them what changes they made in bluetooth from Nougat to Oreo. I haven't been able to make any progress and the world at large couldn't care much less.

Community Manager

Sure thing.
GrandMaster

didnt you have one specific device it wasnt connecting to? i only have one thing i run BT with and its worked like a charm for me after O. non stock truck stereo.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat