cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 Invalid sim card after zv9 update

Journeyman

LG G6 Invalid sim card after zv9 update

Hello. I have baught a LG G6 LS993 smarpthone, which was supposed to be carrier free, on eBay last month and received it in France some days ago. I have putted in my local network provider's sim card in it and it was working good (calls + text + data). But yesterday, after a software update to the zv9 version, it began to tell me that my sim card is invalid and I can't use it anymore. It appears by an imei check and answers received by the seller when buying that this device is network locked to Sprint even if it is fully paid off and the last customer have no more debt on it. I have tried a couple of time the UICC Unlock from settings/system update app and it suggests me to contact 'my' (I suppose Sprint as it is locked to Your network) service provider. Now I am asking myself if I wasn't scammed. So I am wondering what it is possible to do. May I ask to Your services' help even if I myself am not a sprint customer?

I am also ready to send You any information and/or proof that may be necessary.

Spoiler

I can not give more details about the sprint phone number attached to this device or anything else related to sprint as I DON'T have them and the seller is away for holidays.

Thanks in advance for whatever answers You can give.

4 REPLIES 4
Sprint Employee

Re: LG G6 Invalid sim card after zv9 update

The update may have set the phone back to default settings for the SIM, the phone is unlocked by us unlocking it in our provisioning system, then phone updating it's programming. I would like to take a closer look, please send a private message to me.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

I have sent a PM to You. Thank You for Your involvement.

Journeyman

So, to share this 'experience' with the community. I have to say that @RC1024 was extremely pleasant and tried a couple of things but we couldn't manage to unlock my device as I am overseas. I still have hope that this problem will be solved. Waiting for news.
Journeyman

For anyone looking for help. Here You can find more information about this.

Edit: my device is still not unlocked at this time.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat