cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 LTE Connectivity Issues

Journeyman

LG G6 LTE Connectivity Issues

My LG G6 is dropping it's LTE connection at random in fringe areas instead of falling back to 3G. This is happening to both mine and my son's. I switched a setting in the LTE section of ##DATA#, carrier aggregation from 41D to 41C and that got me on 3G, however once it found the LTE signal, it was back to the same issue. I have used an S6 Edge for the last 2 years in the same area and had no issue with LTE service once it was up and running. Something is causing the G6 to drop the connection, instead of falling back to 3G. Ideas? Anyone else experienceing similar issues?

55 REPLIES 55
Sprint Social Care

Re: LG G6 LTE Connectivity Issues

Axton, Since when this has been occurring? Please provide me the nearest cross streets and ZIP code of the location for further assistance.

Kryshna

Sprint Social Care Team

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Highway 220 and Commerce Rd, Zip 24151. This is near my work and where the problem is most prevalant, however it happens near Virginia Ave and Koehler Rd, zip 24078 on a daily basis as I'm driving trhough (my Samsung would lose data here though as well, so this spot is a coverage issue), and I've noticed it in other places as well, such as downtown martinsville, 24112. I managed to hold on to a 3G signal there this past weekend, but I used have LTE. As for how long, ever since I opened the box for the LG G6. And I have 2 that are both acting this way, so I don;t think it is a defective device. At least I hope not. Is there a setting that tells the device to fall back to 3G when the LTE signal is too weak? The max strength I get on LTE at my work address is -105db - -110db. I believe -120 is the strongest usable signal, so it is very weak to start with. I did not check strength with the samsung because it never dropped the connection. 

Journeyman

Forgot to mention things we've tried. All of these were done 1 at a time with no effect except as noted. 

Updated PRL

Updated Profile

Reset Network Settings

Changed CA from 41D to 41C (latched on to 3g for about 30 minutes, then caught LTE and went back to same issue)

Disabled Band 25

Changed Band 41 Priority to 1

All of the above settings are back to normal today, except I am trying CA of 41D/25A.

Master

There is a built in fallback setting, but it's more of a if signal not present then if signal is weak. That's because even a weak LTE signal is typically much faster then a great 3G signal in regards to network performance.

You can however switch modes from automatic to a specific setting. Let me find and I'll post the location.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Tried 41C/25A at lunch, started out better, much better, but after about 45 minutes, went back to the same issue. Signal however improved from -105db average to -85db average. 

GrandMaster

are you able to compare to any other currently active Sprint phones by chance?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes, compared to an S6 Edge at lunch today. It never dropped LTE while the G6 was up and down. 

Master

BTW, the location I was referring to earlier is the following,

1. Settings
  2. Networks
  3. More (very bottom)
  4. Mobile Networks
  5. Network Mode

Try switching from Automatic to LTE/CDMA mode, or even CDMA mode only, see if it improves. But remember to at least go back to LTE/CDMA for data to be LTE.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Actually did try changing from Auto to LTE/CDMA, no difference. Have not tried CDMA only, but I think that would work, it would just defeat the purpose of LTE. When I do pick up 3G the signal does not drop, only happens on LTE.

Master

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it would work as it would bypass LTE completely. However It would also mean your using 3G for all data connection types.

I haven't been seeing the same issue on my device, but my signal is better then what your describing. So I am thinking its at the very limits of the range that the problem is being seen.I'll have to keep an eye on it and see.

--

GrandMaster

if thats the case he might as well just switch to CDMA only for the time being. the main problem is the swap off of connections or that its not pulling in the signal as well as the last device did in the same areas?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat