cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 LTE Connectivity Issues

Journeyman

Re: LG G6 LTE Connectivity Issues

I've updated PRL, Profile, Firmware, and LG software. Nothing updated in the last two categories, and the first two had no impact on my connectivity. In fact, after running these four items, it stays disconnected longer (10-15 seconds).
GrandMaster

i have now been running the G6 for a couple weeks on non Ntelos towers with zero issues . snags up LTE just fine and sticks. its possible it could be the new set up with the G6 and those towers out there but i cant compare/test this theory in my area.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Another update. I've been running with the phone set for CDMA only, but checking every day to see if LTE would stay connected. This past Tuesday morning, I was able to keep LTE in business, and have had it set ever since. It works at home and work, and my home download speeds approach 30 Mbps! I got back in touch with the Sprint rep today, and they were unable to determine if any work had been done on the towers, since they are owned by nTelos, but it appears whatever they did worked. Glad to know it's not an issue with the phone antennas.

Journeyman

I was contacted on Wednesday regarding my open ticket and was told that they had fixed the issue. I was happy to get the call and even happier to know that they recognized there was an issue, and were really working on it, even though it did not appear they were. I have had good results the last few days, download speeds have not been great, but service has been steady and equal to my old S6. My wife's S8 seems to have a better antenna though. It gets and holds about 10db more signal than my G6 side by side.

Journeyman

I have been having the same issue and have also tried all the trouble shooting tricks. Mine does it regardless of 3g or lte. The insurance people claim its Sprint throttling the service and Sprint seems to think it's the phone. If the problem disappears with the start of the new billing cycle then it was Sprint. If not i will go to the repair store to have it diagnosed. 

Journeyman

Btw from what I can find out it seems to be an issue between the towers and the android 7.0 software. Switching the data from auto to cmda/lte seems to be working on my end. Still to soon to be definitive on that just yet. My location is Bluffton SC 29910.
Journeyman

Should also mention that I don't lose signal just data. I can still text or call when it happens.

Sprint Social Care

Xristofer, we'd like to review your account and determine if this is related to your plan data speeds. Please respond to my Private message as soon as you can.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I had the LG g6, got it new on 8-18-17 and had the same issue. I took it back for the galaxy s8+ and have NO issues so far!

Journeyman

Yeah I've got issues also. It says LTE but I usually have -105 dbm to -120 dbm. Where do you change the CA?

Journeyman

I tried swapping from all the choices auto, LTE/CDMA, CDMA, GSM/UMTA and still nothing.

Sprint Social Care

Hey nathanbiehl23, are experiencing slow data issues as well?

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat