Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 Software version LS993ZV6 - Caller ID crashing

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G6 Software version LS993ZV6 - Caller ID crashing

So after the update this morning I cannot hit the phone icon without getting the box saying "Unfortunately, Caller ID has stopped"

Of course closing that closes everything.

My phone is barely two months old (purchased from Sprint)

This is b.s.

This needs to be resolved ASAP

Does Sprint even test updates before they roll them out?

If I have to go into my local sprint store, I will not be pleasant person.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

this was an issue on the back side of Sprint..not update related..it just happened to be coincidental with an update being pushed to the G6...especially since its affecting the S8 and they didnt receive any updates. this update brought in a fix for wifi calling and i think a security update.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello Thom_run, we are aware of an issue with the caller ID with the Samsung S8/S8+, but the LG 6 was not included. Let try this troubleshooting:

Go to: Setting > Application manager > Find Caller ID > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache.

This should clear the issue.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same issue, and it's not allowing me to answer incoming calls.

Highlighted

Hi sazzysta, I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you. Have you attempted the previous step? I'd like to know so we can further assist you.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Clearing the storage worked for me but I lost a day of productivity at work because of this. Really Sprint how can you push out an update that essentially breaks your phone?? I could see if this was stock Android and we were choosing to download this particular app and it broke the phone but you guys bloat the phone up with all this crap and don't test it before you send out an update?? It's fine if you want to install bloat from the start to let people try it but you should give people the opportunity to remove this crap. No wonder so many people root their phones to get rid of this stuff. 

Imagine how many people haven't found this fix yet and are frustrated as hell with you? What's the ETA on a new update that permanently addresses this? 

@Sprint_Carlos wrote:

Hello Thom_run, we are aware of an issue with the caller ID with the Samsung S8/S8+, but the LG 6 was not included. Let try this troubleshooting:

Go to: Setting > Application manager > Find Caller ID > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache.

This should clear the issue.

Highlighted

this was an issue on the back side of Sprint..not update related..it just happened to be coincidental with an update being pushed to the G6...especially since its affecting the S8 and they didnt receive any updates. this update brought in a fix for wifi calling and i think a security update.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks for the clarification. I saw the posts for the S8 so I was like hmmmm. My point about bloat still stands though - they should give us the opportunity to remove it without having to root the phone.

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

Highlighted

purchase a carrier branded device no matter which carrier you are with you will get bloat..thats the trade off..purchase a Google phone and you wont get bloat. been this way for YEARS and wont change anytime soon lol. you can disable a ton of it and in some cases delete it but many of them are tied into other things so be cautious.
Highlighted

I just installed the most recent update for my LGG6 and I was also having the error pop up saying that unfortunately my caller id stopped working. I tried what you said and it worked for me. Thanks!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat