cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 bad screen/bad Pixels

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G6 bad screen/bad Pixels

New G6 as of June 19. After uploading apps and data from my wife's old G4, the phone, toward the top of the screen, has a strip of bad pixels/snowny pixels, that flashes off and on. It doesn't happen non- stop but it is enough to make me nervous. I went through 6 bad G4s over 26 months, so I'm not confident in LG's quality control. I'm hoping this is merely an app that is causing this issue (as it didn't happen until I loaded my wife's info and data). Any help out there?

3 REPLIES 3
GrandMaster

look up how to boot the phone into safe mode..this will shut down/disable all 3rd party apps . once you do this double check to see if the problem is still there...if it isnt then its being caused by one of those apps..if it does still happen take it into a corporate repair store to have it looked at.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Thanks, fireguy. I eventually tried that and that did seem to solve the problem. But, I'm concerned that it may come back, knowing LG's history (I had 3 G4's w/ bootloops, 1 w/ a bad screen, and 1 w/ a bad camera.  Either way,  I reached out to LG directly and they recommended sending it in (as did the Sprint Store) for a replacement. They really didn't want to entertain even troubleshooting it which I thought was odd. Fortunately, I still have a G4 to re-active, so I can wait a couple weeks for LG to look at it. I figure they will either send me a new one or send the same one back if there isn't a problem. But, as you suggest, rebooting in safe mood seemed to solve the problem. 

Highlighted

yeah more than likely they will want it to troubleshoot it for any possible issues that might be on their side that they have not ran into yet. safe mode is one of my many troubleshooting go to's that i tell people in here..especially when they mention a problem popped up after an app update or after downloading an app.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat