cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 not receiving text messages

Journeyman

LG G6 not receiving text messages

The LG G6 is brand new purchased for my son for Christmas. We activated and everything works except for text messaging. I spent 30 minutes on phone with Sprint troubleshooting and nothing worked. They told me to go to Sprint store. The Sprint store told me to go exchange it for new one because they couldn't figure out. I purchased phone from Best Buy, so I needed to exchange it with them. Turns out Best Buy lied to me and has a 14 day return policy from date of purchase, so they would not exchange the phone. Sprint has 14 day return policy from date of activation but not their phone, so they won't help. So now I have brand new phone that doesn't work and Best Buy and Sprint are blaming each other and neither of them will do the right thing. The Best Buy manager installed new sim card. The phone received text messages pushed through by Sprint while we are standing in Best Buy. The Sprint tech said the messages were coded wrong. I thought we were in the clear. After we left and came back home, no more messages. The other three phones on the same network in house are working fine. I called back Sprint and they have moved our account to level three "network back office team" who will call me back within 48 hours. If anyone has any idea how to fix this problem. Please...I just need my son's new phone to receive text messages.  

9 REPLIES 9
Sprint Social Care

Re: LG G6 not receiving text messages

Hey @mtdorachic, is your son able to send messages without any problem? Were you provided a ticket number?

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes, he is able to send messages and we receive them. Ref No 20323028-171226

Sprint Social Care

Thanks for the info. The ticket was assigned to a Tech Agent already and his contact information was sent to you. I will be messaging you the contact information of the Tech agent assign to your issue so that you can get in contact with him ASAP. Take a look at your inbox.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks for the help. Apparently the assigned tech sent a text message to my son's phone, rather than contact me on my cell phone. I don't have alot of faith in a tech that communicates with customer by text message, when text messaging obviously isn't working.

Sprint Social Care

That's their method to let you know the Agent's contact information and it looks like the contact number was not entered correctly. I sent you his info via Private message. Take a look at your inbox.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I did call that number and was told they can't figure it out and they need more time. They are calling me back today supposedly. 

Sprint Social Care

Alright! Let's wait for them to get to the root cause of the issue. You are in really good hands now, they're pretty great at what they do.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have now been assigned to a third tech and they are "working on the messages". Every tech tells me it's a different problem. First I am told the messages are coded wrong. Then I am told the messages have all gone through and its the device. Last tech toId me the messages were stuck and needed to be worked on. I havn't heard anything in days. I just want it fixed or give us a new phone. At this point Sprint has used up 9 days of the 14 day return policy. Ridiculous! I am over it. 

GrandMaster

if he sends a text to himself does he receive it? and by chance is he using anything like Google Voice? or Hangouts to route his calls etc? one other thing you can try in case its an app issue is download a 3rd party texting app like handcent or Textra and see if it works there..if it does then its an app issue..if it still doesnt then at least that was ruled out.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat