cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 stopped receiving texts

Go to solution
Journeyman

LG G6 stopped receiving texts

Starting last week, I cannot receive texts any longer. I can send them and I know the recipient receives it. I have had multiple people receive one but I do not get their response. Help!!!!!!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: LG G6 stopped receiving texts

Hello jdjackson, allow me the opportunity to assist you. Are you able to make and receive calls? Are you using a third party messaging application to receive messages? Does your device has the latest software update?

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Calling works fine (receiving/making calls)

I use the default Message app.

Until the sprint store did a hard reset on phone, yes I had the most recent updates. I have message today that I have one to download, which I will do tonight. 

As far as I can remember, I had not downloaded any new apps, or switched anything. Any help wouldd be much appreciated.

Journeyman

Well,

After loading the update, nothing happened.

Then about 3 hours later, I started receiving texts. And receiving texts. 45 all at once. I have no idea what the issue was (or what the fix was for that matter) but it appears to have been resolved. 

Thanks

Thanks for letting me know jdjackson. We're glad that your issue is resolved. Sometimes those glitches can be resolved just by updating the latest software version of the device.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat