cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Lotus - Why does my data connection appear active when no data is being transferred?

Journeyman

LG Lotus - Why does my data connection appear active when no data is being transferred?

I've owned my LG Lotus for almost a week now, and I really like it. I have a question about the data connection. The data connection icon shows up on my main screen (but not on the outer screen), as if data is being transferred, even though nothing is being downloaded, etc. I don't want to end up with a ton of extra charges due to casual useage when I'm not using that service. I've disabled the data connection feature, but the icon is still there.

Hope this makes sense. Any advice?

Message was edited by: HarpSeal

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: LG Lotus - Why does my data connection appear active when no data is being transferred?

Good Afternoon,          

I understand that your data connection icon it showing when you are not actively connecting or transmitting data services, If you have already had the data feature blocked on the account, I would suggest simple soft reset (take the battery out of the device for 60 seconds reinsert and reboot). You may also want to disable data services on the device itself by highlighting the house shaped key and pressing the menu/ok key then going to settings, then more, go to Data and from there you can turn it off and on (a message will be displayed when you are completing these steps). Press the Yes key which will be the right to confirm you want to disable data.

I hope this helps you and if you do need more assistance, please feel free to PM me or call/chat in for service.

Journeyman

Re: LG Lotus - Why does my data connection appear active when no data is being transferred?

Thanks for the reply. I do not have a data package on my account at this time, and I disabled the data connection on the phone itself when I noticed the icon. I did as you suggested regarding the soft reset, but after reinserting the battery and restarting the phone, the icon is still showing on the interior screen. As I mentioned, I do not have a data package on my account, and I have not downloaded any content onto the phone since I've had it.

Sorry to be a pest! Thanks again.

Journeyman

I am having the same problem, so I'm looking forward to hearing the solution!

Did you ever receive an answer to your September 30 post? Thank you in advance.

Journeyman

I ended up calling Sprint Customer Service and was told that this icon appears whether or not data is being transferred simply because the phone is capable of connecting to the internet. I suppose it serves as a sort of reminder, maybe? At any rate, my concern was that I was unknowingly being charged for data transfer which I had not initiated. The representative checked my records and assured me that this was not the case, so I have gotten accustomed to seeing the icon there now.

It might ease your mind just to call them and have them double check this for you, too.

Message was edited by: HarpSeal

Journeyman

On a side note.  I was worried about the same thing when I purchased my Lotus however I was willing to experiment with occassionally using internet and GPS to see what my kilabyte usage would be.  Ouch!  $75 for a half dozen "experiments"?  Mind you I went from a 4 year old flip phone with the "everything messaging" package to a Lotus with the same package.

Update your usage and enjoy.  Nice phone albeit a bit slow but enjoy.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat