cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Lotus - arrived yesterday

Journeyman

LG Lotus - arrived yesterday

<font color="#800080">So, I woke up around 7:20 in the morning on Sunday, October 19th...my youngest sons 6th birthday. The house was quiet and I freaking ran for the computer to order my LG Lotus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL It's true. I ordered it and (not so) patiently waited for it to come in the mail. I got home from work around 6pm last night and what was sitting on my doorstep??? Yep, a box I nearly forgot to put my car in park before I jumped out and scrambled up the stairs. I got in the house, immediately dropped everything I was carrying...including something that hit my foot...hard...probably my work file folder...I dunno really...didn't stop to look down. LOL I ran to the kitchen and sliced open my box to find the cutest and hottest phone I've ever seen nestled inside. I think I nearly made a mess of myself while my hands shook and took it out of the package! Now, I'm normally not one to overreact to things but my electronic devices hold special places in my heart. I flew to the computer to get activation going and pulled all the other stuff out of the box. It was heaven. The phone came with the standard battery and charger...but the charger rocks extra hard because it's a USB cable that also plugs into the travel adapter they send you so you can wall charge the phone. Cool huh? I thought so too. I charged it up and started the activation process. The phone tried to activate itself, it's programmed to do that. It wouldn't work so I tried the web activation, that was a no-go. It told me that I had the wrong code but the one I put in was the one from behind the battery on the phone so I was confused. I called support and told her what happened and in minutes she had me up and calling. My plan was to change from a shared family plan to a Simply Everything plan on the 28th of this month and the codes they put in weren't compatible with my Lotus so she removed the order, activated my phone then put the order back on. Presto! Ahh, the joys of hearing "Mrs. Moore your phone should be fully activated, go ahead andcall this number and you'll get an automated message letting you know if it is." Well, I called and it was great. I played with the phone until around 11pm last night when I forced myself to put it down to charge for the night. I've texted and emailed and called and sent pictures by attaching them to emails and everything worked great. The one click and carousel feature are awesome! The phone even has built in tutorials on how to use the stuff!!! The colors are pretty and the sound is clear. So far I haven't found anything I haven't liked about it. I'll update if I do!!! Thank you Sprint!!! :)</font>

34 REPLIES 34
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: LG Lotus - arrived yesterday

Congratulations on your new phone - I haven't played with one for more than a few minutes, but it sure seems like a cool device!

Keep us posted on how it works for you . . .

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

I received my new LG Lotus yesterday. I am having problems playing any music the phone starts out like it wants to play then it says that it needs to install a newer vesion of the Sprint store. It then tries to download then says that the page is unkown. It is driving me nuts.

Journeyman

I was so sorry to hear you were having this problem with your phone. I hadn't tried to get music on mine yet so I went ahead and did that tonight. All my stuff went right through without a hitch so I'm not sure what to suggest? I used the USB cable to transfer music from my computer and that went smoothly as well. Keep us updated on what you do to fix it and good luck!

Journeyman

I usually get every Sprint phone when it comes out (Thats if I want it). I have my Demo Blackberry line, but I also have another line that Sprint gives me for free. So I requested a Lotus, and I love it as a secondary phone. As noted by the autor of this thread, I've yet to find something wrong with it. EXCEPT one thing. You can't erase a contact that you sent a text message to. If anyone finds out how to do this, please let me know.

You can erase the message, and the person you text messaged when you're in the Messaging area, but on your QWERTY keyboard, there is a TEXT key, and when you press it, it shows everyone that you Text'd! THAT SUCKS!

Let me know if anyone finds a fix.

Thanks

Journeyman

Can anyone speak to the email experience on the Rant? I would want to have access to my outlook email, and hopefully calendar as well. I'm wondering how this phone will work in that regard.

Thanks.

Journeyman

I don't know how I did it but I figited with it the other night and it finally went through. It might be my area, Sprint considers it sort of primative and remote. LOL 2nite I plan on doing some music transfer. Another issue, the Sprint NFL applicationwon't load. Other than that getting used of it and so far so good.

Journeyman

i am an Idiot i didnt even know that TEXT button was there

geez

Journeyman

I got my Lotus and so far all is working well but I am having problems with the Wireless Backup.

When I got it and went to My Content it had me send a text to the phone to download the app. I did that and when I ran it I kept getting a thing that was called a Midlet.

I cannot get it to work, although I have added files via my computer and it is not updating my phone. Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks

Journeyman

i r'cv my lg lotus on tuesday and luv it to pieces! i am coming from a lot of experience with smartphones, and got this to keep myself out of trouble. trouble with personalizing and buying products to minipulate the original o/s looks.

anyhow, my wireless back up is not working either. pls sprint, is there a problem with the wireless back up on the lotus and are you working on this? i have already cancelled my subscription to try and reset it because of the issue. I cannot do not anyhthng until my monthy subscription is up at the end of the month

also, has anyone had a chance to really work or customize the carousel. i have noticed that the email tile sometimes does not load and is a blank tile with no icon, plus no view of the emails. i deleted it and just left the original messaging tile that was on there. anyone have this problem at all? you do really have to play and customize while paying attention to the carousel.

it is still a great phone and with a new phone comes with bugs...these are simple...pls give and update...

Journeyman

When I had spoken to the tech yesterday she had said that Wireless backup was down but I thought it was back up since I could now access the website which I could not do before.

As I was just reading your note this am, I got an alert on my phone that I received wireless backup content and sure enough the numbers I put in are there. So perhaps it was just a short glitch and it is now working. We can hope!

Long time Sprint subscriber, multiple Treos last one 755p plus a Sanyo which my Lotus replaced. I really love the Lotus so far.

Journeyman

Re: LG Lotus - long post, just chatting about it

*This isn't a post with any advice for anyone or anything like that. I'm just chatting about the phone and things I've used and liked and stuff like that...feel freeto skip over this post if you don't like to read idle chatter. lol

Well, I've had my phone for going on a week now and I still LOVE it!!! I've had a few bugs pop up now and then but I expected that....I actually expected worse. I've customized my carousel and anything else that's able to be customized on my phone. I've texted and sent picture mail...I've surfed the web and watched videos on YouTube...I've connected through Bluetooth and sent files and picturesto my boyfriends Instinct phone...I've used the camera and the music player...I've connected my three email accounts and Yahoo messenger, AIM and MSN...I've used the Social Network to connect to MySpace and Glee...everything so far has been great. I've had the phone restart on me a few times when I was running more then one application and a call or text came through at the same time. Didn't bother me that badly...could be waaay worse from horror stories I hear about other phones lol. I ran the firmware update that I found just by checking for it...crashed on me after that once while watching YouTube so I don't think that fixed whatever bug is going on. Hopefully it'll get worked out soon. 🙂 My old Sanyo SCP3100 was a "cheap" but sturdy little phone...but this phone has really blown away my expectations. Being able to use Yahoo and AIM and MSN simultaneously while just using the > softkey to toggle back and forth is amazing! Not all my friends have the same messenger so it's awesome to be able to carry on more then one convo at a time. And I love that if you close the application to do something else it still runs and they can still contact you. I have a friend who's in Kuwait right now and he contacts me via AIM...my old phone would send me a text with his message and I could reply but this phone sends me an alert asking if I wanna view the message, I hit yes and it pops the whole application up so that you can see your conversation and use the smileys and everything...all in a matter of seconds. The phone is soooooo cute...everyone keeps asking me where I got the case for my phone and when I tell them that's the color/style of the phone out of the box they go nuts!!! People in restaurants will talk about it and point to it from other tables....it's great. My boyfriend thinks I'm spending too much time on my phone though...lol. I need to get a clear protective case for it soon, don't wanna scratch up the purple!!!

Hope everyone else is enjoying their phone as much as I am!!! 🙂

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat