cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Lotus - arrived yesterday

Journeyman

Re: LG Lotus - arrived yesterday

grrr...this happen to me last night...the page and my post didnt work...grrr...here it goes again...

anyhow...i figured something was wrong with the backup...you're right, the site was down...but this moring i tried again, still doesnt work for me...i even went to the website and entered a bogus number to triger and update...i did the opposite because backup wasnt working...i added my 200+ contact via my phone...i know this should work/doesnt matter destinationas well because this is how i did my lg rumor and it worked fine...i guess i will just have to patient...

as for the ones having trouble with syncing music...try with the memory card only if you have a reader available...i transfer my music and pics that way...formatted my 4gb in my phone first...took it out...put the card in the adapter...put in the card slot on my laptop card reader...drag/drop method in windows vista and worked fine...transfer 100+ songs and 400+ pics...my "already made" ringtones were uploaded sucessfully via http://www.funformobile.com/pages/ringtone/uploadRingtone.php ...hope this is helpful info to some...

i know this is premature...but has anyone had any luck with the carsousel issue i spoke about...keep me updated pls...

once the actual work week starts...and the tech guys get in...i know we'll here some feedback...until then, sigh...

Journeyman

Love my lotus, however, I'm havng trouble transferring music to the music player program. The store said the music had to be in KOZ format. The player will not recognize mp3. The memory card shows the songs but they only play one at a time. If I can move the songs to the music player, they can be played continuously. Any thoughts?

PS Thanks for the ringtone uploader. It is great!!

Journeyman

hey hey hey...glad the uploader for ringtones worked... Smiley Happy

anyhow about your music...go to your manual for the lotus...go to page 148...lower box on the right...

the representative was half right...you get koz files from "sprint music store for your phone"...BUT you can play your own and/or transfer your own music (mp3's) to your phone...

i left out an important step and i apologize on my last post...

once you get your card formatted, use your card adapter, get it in your puter's sd card reader...you need to drag n drop into the "music folder"...once you do that...pop your card back in the phone(i keep my cell off when i remove and re-insert the card...so it can reconize new files of any sort)...

boot your phone up...go to the entertainment tile or on your main menu...go to music...go to player and load the music...depending on how many songs you have it will take a minute or two...

sprint reps will not help, recommend or show you how to so this...they loose money...duh! Smiley Happy

hope this helps...

Journeyman

I was having the same problem. I actually replaced the phone last weekend, and I went to 2 stores and they could not figure it out. I spoke to the techs and wasted my time. FINALLY, I called LG. It took 3 reps to figure out the problem. One of them actually knew something! The final result was all my music that was on my computer was in WMA format. The phone will only recognize MP3 and ACC formats. I went to Google and downloaded switch sound file converter. It is a free program. After downloading you can switch the song format to MP3 or ACC. Very easy program to work. I changed the formatting on all my songs (73) and put my formatted memory memory card into the computer. I then downloaded all the songs to the card. Finally, it worked. The problem all along was the song format. The music player recognized all the songs. (Look on page 148, in lower box) where it explains the 4 formats the phone will recognize. If you go to your songs in your computer, right click on 1 song. Go to properties and it will tell you what format the song is in. If it is a wma as in my case, just convert it. Download to your memory card and it will show in the memory section in tools and then go to the music player. Go to "all my music" and it will be there!!!!This took me 10 days to work through.

Journeyman

Thinking about upgrading to the Lotus and have a couple of questions for those of you already using it. I notice that the Lotus has threaded text messaging, which I love on my Touch. My question is, does MMS working properly on the Lotus? Do pictures come directly to the phone or do you have to redirect to a website to view the pics? Can you text a pic/video to another phone or can you only e-mail. I ask because this is a known issue with smart phones and sprint so I'd like to make sure this works on the Lotus. Also, is the GPS software preloaded on the Lotus and isit Telenav? Has anyone been using it, how does it work? I really like using it on my Touch and don't want to lose this feature. Thanks for any insite!

Journeyman

Hello? Anyone?

Journeyman

The pics come directly to your phone. However I noticed when I went to save it went under the mystuff folder under my pictures. That may because it came from another carrier IDK. I don't know what plan you subscribe to but I had problems with sending picture mail. For some reason when I attempted to send I kept getting a message to sign up for sprint picture mail. I finally got it resolved. One thing I don't care for is that sprint is taking away access to your sprint picture mail via web services, unless you pay an extra $5 bucks or sign up for that "Simply Everything Plan" that they are trying to cram down everyone's throat.

Journeyman

Thanks for the response! I do have an everything plan, works pretty good for my wife and I because she get's a significant discount through her work. Anyway, did you ever get the NFL program to work? That is another reason I may switch from my Touch, smartphones don't get it.

Thanks again.

Journeyman

read my post on music. I finally figured it ouy.

Journeyman

@push2shock wrote:

Thinking about upgrading to the Lotus and have a couple of questions for those of you already using it. I notice that the Lotus has threaded text messaging, which I love on my Touch. My question is, does MMS working properly on the Lotus? Do pictures come directly to the phone or do you have to redirect to a website to view the pics? Can you text a pic/video to another phone or can you only e-mail. I ask because this is a known issue with smart phones and sprint so I'd like to make sure this works on the Lotus. Also, is the GPS software preloaded on the Lotus and isit Telenav? Has anyone been using it, how does it work? I really like using it on my Touch and don't want to lose this feature. Thanks for any insite!

Please note this is not a smartphone...people are getting really confused...this is simply a flip phone w/ a full keyboard and sprints new one click interface...

As stated already it does have MMS...it is not blocked like the blackberry curve 8330...

The MMS msg comes in and you can viewthephotoright away...to save the photo to your phone, you will be redirected to download...

The GPS is TelaNav and works fine for me...

One thing I just checked out was the Sprint Social Zone...that is awesome...its an application where you can go to myspace to upload photos and more...its like the blackberry application...they do not have facebook up yet...but Im sure in due time, they will...

You also put on opera mini for a full html web browser...this was exciting bcuz this is what I missed the most from smartphones...

Hope this helps...

Journeyman

Thanks,

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I think I want it, it's NOT a smartphone. I have a Crackberry through another service for work so I don't really want/need two. I'm glad that the MMS properly, that's one of the worst things about my Touch, I hate not having that work right, but I hear Sprint is correcting that issue soon, saw that in another thread. GPS works, that's good. Not much for Facebook and Myspace, but my wife is soon who knows, may come in handy. Thanks for the info, I think I'll make the switch.

Journeyman

I did get the NFL application to work, but I believe I went to the sprint website and got the application to work that way, as it wouldn't work when I tried to run it off the menu on the phone. But it will work.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat