Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Lotus - arrived yesterday

Journeyman

LG Lotus - arrived yesterday

<font color="#800080">So, I woke up around 7:20 in the morning on Sunday, October 19th...my youngest sons 6th birthday. The house was quiet and I freaking ran for the computer to order my LG Lotus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL It's true. I ordered it and (not so) patiently waited for it to come in the mail. I got home from work around 6pm last night and what was sitting on my doorstep??? Yep, a box I nearly forgot to put my car in park before I jumped out and scrambled up the stairs. I got in the house, immediately dropped everything I was carrying...including something that hit my foot...hard...probably my work file folder...I dunno really...didn't stop to look down. LOL I ran to the kitchen and sliced open my box to find the cutest and hottest phone I've ever seen nestled inside. I think I nearly made a mess of myself while my hands shook and took it out of the package! Now, I'm normally not one to overreact to things but my electronic devices hold special places in my heart. I flew to the computer to get activation going and pulled all the other stuff out of the box. It was heaven. The phone came with the standard battery and charger...but the charger rocks extra hard because it's a USB cable that also plugs into the travel adapter they send you so you can wall charge the phone. Cool huh? I thought so too. I charged it up and started the activation process. The phone tried to activate itself, it's programmed to do that. It wouldn't work so I tried the web activation, that was a no-go. It told me that I had the wrong code but the one I put in was the one from behind the battery on the phone so I was confused. I called support and told her what happened and in minutes she had me up and calling. My plan was to change from a shared family plan to a Simply Everything plan on the 28th of this month and the codes they put in weren't compatible with my Lotus so she removed the order, activated my phone then put the order back on. Presto! Ahh, the joys of hearing "Mrs. Moore your phone should be fully activated, go ahead andcall this number and you'll get an automated message letting you know if it is." Well, I called and it was great. I played with the phone until around 11pm last night when I forced myself to put it down to charge for the night. I've texted and emailed and called and sent pictures by attaching them to emails and everything worked great. The one click and carousel feature are awesome! The phone even has built in tutorials on how to use the stuff!!! The colors are pretty and the sound is clear. So far I haven't found anything I haven't liked about it. I'll update if I do!!! Thank you Sprint!!! :)</font>

34 REPLIES 34
Journeyman

How did you get the NFL Mobile Live to work on your Lotus?

Journeyman

Love my new Lotus.clear sound, nice features, feels good in my hand. However, Ive been having a problem with the battery draining very quicklyone time overnight without any use at all and I had charged it prior to going to bed.Online Support offered to replace the phone, but since I had purchased it online, I either had to call or take it in to the local store,so, in the meantime,I thought I would try removing the news and weather bubbles,thinking maybe the steady stream of weather, etc. data was draining it.Lo and behold, I haven't had any problems since, but whats the point of having all the bells and whistles on a phone, plus the Simply Everything plan if a couple of bubbles drains the battery overnight?. Is this a common problem with the Lotus?

Journeyman

I too am having issues regarding the battery. I have to charge it everyday regardless if I use it a lot. If I use it the battery goes faster. I like the phone but this may be become an issue.

Journeyman

I did it from the digital lounge application website and went to the steps to download the application from there.

Journeyman

Have not had any trouble with the battery and have the weather bubble activated. One thing I discovered though was that the bubble can bealternated on and off simply by pressing the 'end' button.

Journeyman

I have the weather bubble and the horoscope bubble and my battery does just fine. I charge it while I sleep at night and I use it all day without a problem. I text and send/receive email all day.

Journeyman

Hello, I 've never visited here before However, I am glad I did. I recently switched to the new LG Lotus, from the A920 by Samsung. I have always had Samsung phones, and I've had an awful time trying to decide on a phone to upgrade to But, finally I picked the LG Lotus...

NowI feel like I want to return it. After reading all the other posts everyone else seems to be pretty pleased with this little phone. Who knows, maybe I am crazy..?

Journeyman

I have the same issue with the E-mail tile. I removed it. Today my nav lost its subscription. The store fixed it by resetting the phone. But when I again personalized the carousel, now 8 tile choices are gone: ESPN, Fox News, Nite Life, Nascar, Games, Entertainment, Weather Channel. Help!

Journeyman

Wow reading your fun times with your phone makes me want to upgrade my plan!!! (maybe I will...)

Journeyman

Whoah... If you register online for a Picutre Mail Account, you have to pay $5 extra? That sucks! It didn't say anyhting about that when I registered!!!

Journeyman

If you love your Lotus, you'll love the LG section at www.sprintusers.com

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat