cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG OPTIMUS S

Journeyman

LG OPTIMUS S

My new LG Optimus S will not let me add my Google account. I cannot use apps that require the Google account. When I attempt to add the account the phones says it could not establish a reliable data connection. To me it does not appear that it even trys to access the 3G network. I also get the process com.google.process.gapps has suddenly stopped. Any suggestions?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: LG OPTIMUS S

Take it in to a Sprint store. Let them help you. I set my wife's Google account up on her Optimus and it wiped out her contact list. We were told Google should be set up at the time of activation. If you wait, you may have issues. Hope this helps a little.

Wizard

Re: LG OPTIMUS S

First, I don't recommend adding all your contacts to your phone prior to setting up your Google account on your phone.  It would probably benefit more to import those contacts to your Google account first.

Since your account is not set up on your phone, I assume you have not entered any data that you want to save (which is not already on your Google account).  Thus, from a home screen, tap Menu, Settings, Applications, Manage applications, then tap the All tab.  Tap "Clear Data" in the following programs: Calendar Storage, Contacts Storage, Gmail, and Media Storage.  Also, perhaps updating your profile and PRL could help.  It's under Menu, Settings, About Phone.  You might as well try all three updates: Firmware, Profile, and PRL.  Finally, try adding your Gmail account again.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat