cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Optimus & Gingerbread 2.3

Patron

LG Optimus & Gingerbread 2.3

I was just wondering if any of us Sprint users who have the LG Optimus S, will be getting an update to Gingerbread 2.3? A google employee stated that Gingerbread 2.3 doesn't require a 1 Ghz processor ( but it is recommended) I just don't see how Sprint/LG/Google would release a device that already has 2.2 Froyo and then not even offer one update to it, which in this case, the next OS is 2.3.. I am not saying we will or we won't see the update, just hoping we do as I am sure all of you want to be able to update too..

Anyways thanks,

Steven

Tags (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Wizard

Re: LG Optimus & Gingerbread 2.3

In response to the question, I do not plan on getting an update to Gingerbread.

I had the Samsung Moment, which came with Cupcake and was updated to Eclair.  It has been very buggy and frustrating to use that device.  On the other hand, my Optimus has been working extremely well with Froyo.  It's as if the phone was built around Android, as opposed to just building a phone and then making Android work on it.  I am very satisfied with this phone, and no longer feel the need to be on the bleeding edge.  In my opinion, a phone that works well 100% of the time is a nicer experience than a "better" phone/OS that works 80% of the time.  LG did an excellent job with this phone, and I would just as well leave it the way it is.

Journeyman

Re: LG Optimus & Gingerbread 2.3

LG has said that they will upgrade the Optimus line to Android Gingerbread. http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/09/lg-commits-to-upgrading-optimus-ones-to-gingerbread-angry-horde/

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat