Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Optimus S - Does anyone else have issues with three way calling?

Journeyman

LG Optimus S - Does anyone else have issues with three way calling?

O.K. I've read and re-read the instructions but the three way calling hardly works at all. This is my second optimus S and it is doing the same things as the first one. Any help appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

We got 4 LG Optimus S phones for Christmas.  I've tried to get three way calling working with all of them it doesn't seem to work.  I select "Add a Call", I'm able to dial or select a contact, I hear ringing for a second and then the audio goes dead.  It looks as though I am connected but the second called phone NEVER rings or shows an incoming call.  If I press the little "merge calls" button it looks like it thinks its merging the calls but nothing really happens.

Is this the same thing that you are experiencing?

Journeyman

Exact same issue. Only difference is I don't get any kind off ring when I try. I hit add call, dial the number then hit the phone button. Next I hear a dial tone and the call is never placed. Dead. I am able to switch back to who I put on hold but can never merge any calls. At first I thought it was the first LG phone since I was having other issues as well. I took it to a Sprint store and they labelled the phone defective. I got a new one and it does the exact same thing. My wife has one as well and it will not three way. This is obviously some kind of defect in all the LG Optimus S phones. Not sure where to go from here.

Journeyman

YES, YES, YES, I have the same problem with my LG Optimus - it WILL NOT make 3-way calls consistently.  Sprint has dropped the ball on this one.  The Sprint store I bought the phone from is so tired of me complaining about it they won't talk to me anymore.  Tech Support won't respond to me any more.  They say I have to report it to LG, who makes the phone.  BULL!!!  They sell the phones.  THEY (SPRINT) NEED TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.    Otherwise, I love the phone.  One or two of the technicians have been able to get a 3-way to work ONCE OR TWICE.  But they can't do it consistently.  There IS a DEFECT in the LG Optimus that SPRINT NEEDS TO GET FIXED.  I am a retired Professional Engineer.  My Son-in-Law is a Computer Professional Engineer and works for a large company doing software programs on these types of devices.  He says it's most likely a software problem SPRINT NEEDS TO FIX.  I say, GET WITH IT SPRINT TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND DO YOUR JOB!!!!!!  (Lots of !!!!!! to emphasize how frustrated I am with them NOT wanting to resolve this issue)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

I upgraded to Lg optimus in Feb 2011.  This is my 3rd lg optimus s and three way calling has not consistently worked on either phone.  I took each of the phones to sprint technical service and they could not get the three way calling feature to work.  I contacted Lg in February; the Lg representative  told me they were not aware of the problem and would inform their development section.  I called again earlier this week and was told  that no one had reported it.  I told the rep that I called in February and directed him to the Lg forum page showing that others have had the same problem with the phone.  Each time, a Lg representative told the customer they (Lg) were not aware of the problem and would notify the development dept.  That's when the conversation starting going downhill.  The rep told me that they needed my carrier to tell them that the phone had a problem; so I told him that I would 3 way (not on my optimus) a sprint rep and I did.   The sprint rep was very nice and asked Lg what did they need.  The Lg rep replied that he didn't mean that he needed to talk to a sprint phone rep, but someone in sprint corporate office.  The sprint rep said ok; he would get his supervisor to contact corporate and connect them on the line.  Then the Lg rep said "oh no, sprint will have to fill out a form" and it must show that over 50% of their optimus users are having the same problem before they (lg) would issue a recall.  It was obvious that Lg was aware of the problem, but doesn't intend to do anything about it.  I told him that I would be turning my phone back to sprint and would definitely let sprint customers and others know the kind of customer service that Lg offers.  Needless to say, I won't be buying any other Lg products.  Just so you know....buyer beware!!!!

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat