cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Optimus S: is there a way to use my own sounds for alerts?

12 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: LG Optimus S: is there a way to use my own sounds for alerts?

is there a way I can set a Text tone for different contacts? (example: John- Brickhouse vs  Jane-Play That Funky Music)

Highlighted
Wizard

I haven't seen it do that! Did you try a factory data reset on it at the store? If you do that, just make sure you have everything backed up first...like your contacts.

Journeyman

I also wanted to mention....I turned off my e-mail notification because I found myself not check it because I would assume it would be e-mail coming through rather than my texts since I couldn't change the tone difference between the two. I would set my e-mail to be different but it would go back to what ever I set in my sounds.

Journeyman

Thank you Garrett for answering me, I've tried what you've mentioned and it just resets back to the original sounds setting. I've even taken it in to Sprint and they don't know why it won't allow me to set them differently.

Wizard

Well for text messages, just go into the text message list screen (where you see all the people who sent you texts) and hit menu > settings. From there you will be able to change from the default notification sound to something special just for Texts.

Journeyman

I am a spazz so I want to know how to change my notifications so I know when an email and my texts are different. You didn't share what you learned.

Thank you.

Journeyman

Ha, I think I figured this out too, thanks again for all the help!  A support forum that's actually helpful; this is a rarity!

Journeyman

Update: got it working, thanks very much guys!  I only have one further question: is it possible to have different sounds for different notifications?  I don't mean to be a spazz but it would be nice to have a different sound for a text vs. a voicemail or whatever.

Journeyman

I'd love to connect my phone to my computer, but my computer (HP, Windows Vista) can't seem to find a driver for the phone; where can I get one???

Wizard

lol, I was 30 seconds slow!