cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Optimus S issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: LG Optimus S SD memory card issues

My daughter is having the same problem on her LG Optimus S - the card unmounts.  Also, it seems to have erased the contents of the card.  I"ve tried two different cards with no success.  I looked this problem up in the knowledge base and it says this is a known problem that will be addressed in a 'future' software update.

Also, the phone does not appear to mount as a USB drive on my Windows Vista machine - it searches for a driver and never finds one.  I do not think the phone should require a driver (my Evo 4G does not require a driver).  This may be a related issue to the SD card problem.

Journeyman

My daughters phone had the same USB issue.  I have the same phone and when I plug it into the usb port on my cpu the phone gives me the option to turn on usb sync but her's wouldn't and windows cannot find a driver.

Here is how to fix it.

Go to Settings, choose Applications, then choose Developement at the bottom.  Be sure they USB debugging is not checked.  If it is it will not allow you to connect via usb to your windows machine.

As for the SD issue, We have 3 of these phones in our house and they all do it.  WE haven't tried formating yet, but I susspected it was a software issue as someone stated in an earlier post.

Journeyman

Yeah I had that problem as well. I ended up swapping the card out with a 4 gig one that I bought for my Samsung Exclaim. No error messages since.

Journeyman

I have been having the same issue. I went and traded my phone and am having the same issue with the new phone and new card. So, it isn't the card.

Wizard

HOLLYWOOD6913 wrote:

I have been having the same issue. I went and traded my phone and am having the same issue with the new phone and new card. So, it isn't the card.

With the same logic, one could also say it isn't the phone, either.  That just leaves the operator...

(That is supposed to be a mildy humorous jab at selective reasoning.  I do not actually believe the operator is at fault.)

Really, though, I hope somebody figures this out for you all.  I had the Samsung Moment, so I understand the frustration of a buggy phone.  I don't seem to be able to replicate the problem on my Optimus.  At least with the Moment, all phones could reproduce the bugs given the steps. Is there any way to consistently reproduce the problem?

Message was edited by: beliving (added text in green)

Journeyman

I had the same problem with my phone also. I just went out and bought a bigger sd card and the problem went away and hasn't come back yet.

Journeyman

I just bought a kodak 4g minisd for 9.99 at my local office max,  since then i have not had any issue and its been 3 days. i dont know what class it is, i just know it was a kodak 4gb mini card.

Journeyman

In speaking to the sprint technician, its the android version thats on the phone that wont allow apps to go over.

Journeyman

I'm in the same boat!   We're talking about SD cards right?  I keep on getting error messages about my SD card, "preparing to mount card," "card was unexpectedly removed" etc...

I am going in tomorrow to exchange the phone but if the phone is the issue, then things will be resolved, if the card is the issue then I 'll find out in a few days because I think I may carry my card over to the new phone.  I hope this get resolved.

Journeyman

I have the same problem with the SD Card. Does that explain why my ringtones keep resetting? I would download free ringtones from the market for a specific artist that has several songs that I can set as a ringtone, but after a few hours they would all reset to default phone ringtones. Noone has been able to tell me why its doing that. I called Spring tech support and they said that my phone shouldn't be doing that and that I need to go back to the store and replace it. So I did, but the moment I walked out the store and turned my phone on again it gave me the message about the SD card being prepared or what not.