cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Optimus S issues

Journeyman

Re: LG Optimus S SD memory card issues

HOLLYWOOD6913 wrote:

I have been having the same issue. I went and traded my phone and am having the same issue with the new phone and new card. So, it isn't the card.

I know someone had commented that it must be the user in your situation. I have to say that I am in the same boat as you, and it is not the operator. My fiancee and I both have an LG Optimus. Mine has had a ton of issues, mostly SD card error issues, while his has had none. I can use his phone with no problems. Mine is slow to respond, doesn't like changing screens and continually gives me SD card error messages. I took the phone into Sprint to have it serviced. They did a hard reset and calibrated the screen. I am no longer having problems with the screen but still getting SD error messages. I spoke with the people at Sprint and it is a known manufacturer problem but not all of the Optimus phones have been effected. It was recommended to me to return my phone for another one and just keep doing the same thing until I end up with one that doesn't have SD card issues. They are still working on a fix, just haven't found on yet. I am trying to figure out what color phone everyone has that is having SD card issues because mine is purple and my fiancee's is charcoal. I'm hoping the problems are just in a batch of purple phones and I can get a charcoal one and have no problems with it. Wish you the best of luck getting your phone situation taken care of.

Journeyman

I am having the exact same issues as you are. My phon keep telling me the sd card has been removed.......ect... I have been to the store and had it replaced and by the time we got home the brand new one was doing the same thing. Mine is also purple, but my mom and step dad have the same one and they are not having any issues, one has charcole and one has purple. I'm so over this I really like the phone for the most part, but this is aggrivating. I'm getting close to my 30 days and I'm debating wether to keep it or return it and get the EVO or even go back to my Rant.  Also twice today it has randomly shut off and rebooted.

Message was edited by: DOLPHINLOVE2003

Journeyman

Thanks for clarifying about the lifespan.  that was weird also when I read that.  I have an Optimum S and thinking of updrading the microSd to an 8gb.  Does it matter if it's regular 8gb or the SDHC version?

Wizard

I think that anything over 2GB is SDHC.  I don't believe there is a regular SD card that's 8GB.  I have not done any testing whether a class 6 card is really any better than a class 2 card. However, I choose the class 6 because I put applications on the SD card, and hope a class 6 will minimize performance loss.  But I really don't know for sure if that's really the case.

What I'm trying to say is: If the hardware isn't fast enough for the class 6 card, then it doesn't matter if you get a class 2 or class 6 because you are limited by the hardware.  I don't know if the Optimus would really have any performance loss from running applications on a class 2 or class 6 card.  I just choose the class 6 card because it's about a $5 difference.  I saw that an 8 GB class 6 card is on Amazon for $20.  At my local Radio Shack, an 8 GB class 2 card is $22.

Journeyman

Re: LG Optimus S issues

This is the second LG Optimus I have bought in the past 3 weeks and I am having the same issue with the SD card error messages.  I really like the phone overall but I am still debating whether to keep it or return AGAIN! I called Sprint Technical support and the guy said he never heard of this issue and that I should try to remove the card and/or restart the phone but that did not fix the problem.  Please help! 

Journeyman

Re: LG Optimus S issues - Update

I have a Charcoal phone - 5 of them.

Friday I purchased a 8GB Lexar Card at Target and it works fine.  It is a Class 4 SDHC card.  So I am starting to think that any Class 4 and above card will work.  That is just a hunch.  I don't have the resources to buy a bunch and try them.

Card info:

Lexar Model:      LSDMI8GBBTP

Target DPC No.  056120306

$29.99

Warranty is 5years (I figured that covers the life of the technology.) By then, something else will be out.

Newegg has a few priced really cheap.  An Adata 8GB card that is under $15 and it has a Lifetime warranty too!

Item#: N82E16820211341 or Item#: N82E16820211351 with SD adapter

I have not tried them though, so I can not confirm they work like the one I got at Target.

I also opened a case with Sprint on this subject.  No meaningful reply yet.  Still working on it.

I am going to contact LG too.  I will add in this info when I get it.

Side note:

The Audio quality on this phone is just SO, SO.  There is no equalizer or tone controls, so the sound is very bright (overly in my opinion).

I had a Black Berry Curve before this and it had a much better tonal quality.  I wonder if there is an AP for better sound control.

Message was edited by: TATA455

Journeyman

Re: LG Optimus S issues - Update 2 - LG Response

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for inquiring of LG Electronics. We are delighted to hear from you as our Valued Customer.

I do apologize for this inconvenience you are having with your phone; and I would be more than glad to help you with this.

The LS670 phone holds up to a 32GB MicroSD card (tested with 16GB). The brand of card and class we recommend are SanDisk MicroSD and LG memory cards and class 4 and 6.

If you have other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again either via email, or by calling our customer service division at 1-800-793-8896 at your convenience.

Jose O.
E-mail Administrator
Customer Interactive Center
LGEAI

Journeyman

I am also having trouble with my sd card and error messages. I just spoke to LG to see what they said. Support informed me that it is an incompatible card issue. The Optimus should have a sandisk micro sd instead of a Samsung. LG could not help me - says that Sprint puts in the sd cards before they are distributed.

Journeyman

we are having the same issues ..we had bought 2 of the optimus s .. one grey and one purple .. the purple one is having most of the issues .. the charcoal one has a few as well but not as many as the purple one .. in reference to the scan disk card .. i had returned the purple on to the sprint store and they replaced the samsung card with a scandisk 2gb card and it was fine for a day but now its doing the same thing..so i dont think its the type of card i think its eother a software issue or just the phone.. i cant figure out why they release these phones if they are not tested properly.. i think im just going to return it for something else .. seems like too many people are having problems with them... supposedly there is a update coming out anyday now to fix the problem but we will see ... thanks & happy holidays to all

Journeyman

I have that same issue.  Not sure if I need to return the phone.  Mine is also purple.

Wizard

Folks, I highly recommend that you do not put your faith in future updates.  If you do not like the phone in the condition you purchased it, it would probably be best just to return it for a phone that you do like.  I've played the update game with the Samsung Moment, and it was very frustrating.  Each update that says it will fix the problem actually does not, and you wait for more updates, while the last update introduced new bugs.  After a year, the updates finally synergize into a mostly working phone, but you have wasted a year with a buggy phone becoming more and more frustrated as your expectations of Sprint are continually unmet.

Thus:

If you like your phone and want to keep it, try the class 4 or class 6 micro sd card like mentioned just a few posts earlier on this page.  I have a no-name 8GB class 6 micro SD card, not SanDisk, and I have not experienced this issue.

If you do not want to do that, or you do not like the phone in its current operating condition, I do not think it's a good idea to hope it will improve sometime in the future.  You will probably be dissapointed and disheartened.  Go ahead and get a device that you enjoy using.

Journeyman

did you find a solution to this, I am having the same problems...thnks!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat