cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Optimus S issues

Journeyman

Re: LG Optimus S SD memory card issues

Yeah the crappy samsung SD card sprint put in the phone. buy a new one. it's like 10 bucks. the issue will go away.

I didn't even buy a new one. I took the old one out of my exclaim, popped it in, bam. Problem gone since I bought the phone at the end of November.

Message was edited by: CATHERINE5126

Journeyman

Thanks so much!  I will give that a try and see how it works:-)

Journeyman

Hi-I went to a Sprint store and the rep had never heard of this SD card issue so after I kept insisting that I wanted to return the phone, he changed my SD card to a Scan Disk brand one and it has been a week and so far no problems

Journeyman

Re: LG Optimus S issues

i have had three lg optimus phones. the first one had the sd card issue, second one was flawless it got smashed at work had ins. cov. my doughter had the same phone same problem took the sd card out of my damaged phone installed it in her phone no problems since. my new phone has the sd problem now not as bad. my son has the phone also no problems at all. i know its the sd.

Journeyman

I have two charcoal and two purple LG Optimus S phones.  The two charcoal ones work fine and the two purple ones have the SD card "issues".  Just checked and the SD cards in the charcoal phones do not have a name brand printed on them.  The two purple phones do have the Samsung labeled SD cards. 

I wonder if the Samsung SD cards is why everyone is having the problems, or is it a software issue with the phone?

Journeyman

Sounds like this is definitely an SD card issue.  My wife and son have a purple and grey model respectively.  They both have this issue. 

Looks like I should hit up the local Sprint store for new SD cards.

Journeyman

I just purchased a Kingston Class 4 4GB micro sd card through Amazon for $7.19. So far my phone seems to like this much better than the Samsung that came with the phone.

Journeyman

I was having the same problems as everyone else.  I bought an 8 GB Sandisk Class 4 Micro SD card, formatted it on the computer, copied my apps onto it and voila - no more problems... for a while.

Recently I have been getting the unmounting and random restarts again.  I thought the SD card was the answer??  Has anyone found a permanent solution to these problems, or heard of LG or Sprint working on a fix?

Wizard

Perhaps format it with your phone.  There are different formats available if you use the computer.  However, I would hope that the phone would use the format that is the most compatible.

From a home screen, press the menu button, then tap Settings, SD card, Unmount SD card, Format SD card.

This seems to have worked for others, I hope this works for you!

Journeyman

My wife and I have the EXACT same problem. My black one works perfectly, her purple one does not. HOWEVER, I did upgrade my SD card where she did not. We are going to upgrade her card and see if this fixes the problem. Will report more later.

Journeyman

UPDATE:  I slow-formatted my sd card (8 GB SanDisk, class 4) on the computer and reinstalled in the phone yesterday.  I am still getting the condition where the phone will not recognize the apps which are installed on the SD card, in which case I need to unmount and remount the card and it's good again.  For a while.

While many people are saying this is THE way to fix the problem, it hasn't worked for me in 3 tries.  I am sure I will also get the other error, a soft restart, before long.

Help, anyone?

LG Optimus S for Sprint

Wizard

Have you tried formatting the card using the phone?  I have several format options to choose from when using the computer, and I'm not sure which is the "right" one.  I would hope using the phone to format the card would result in the best compatibility.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat