cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Optimus S issues

Journeyman

Re: LG Optimus S issues

yes, I get the same error with my sd card, my phone screen times out sometimes and the only way I can turn it back on is to turn the phone off, then back on again, I dont get alot of my text, and sometimes the screen changes on its own.......really serious issues with this phone, took it to be checked out at the store and now I think its worse!!!

Journeyman

dshoem,

do you know when the next release will come out?  besides the sd card unmount issue, i am also having random soft restarts and occasionally am unable to access apps on the sd card even when it is mounted.  are these issues also being addressed (i hope)?

at what point is it a faulty unit and should i return it to a sprint store?

just very frustrated.  i bought a high quality sd card, freed up memory, trying my best to keep the phone sleek and slimmed down but still getting the problems!

beliving - i've had ~38 MB free since removing some sprint programs i wasn't using.. the problems actually seem to be getting more frequent! :-/  not that i think it's because of that, but the phone seems to be spiting me for trying to fix it!

Wizard

haha, sometimes phones do seem to have a mind of their own!  One would think if it works for one person, it would work for everybody.  But there's no certainty that it's a memory problem.  I'm actually down to 27.7 MB of internal phone storage, and have not had the error where apps on sd card become unavailable.  I admit to having the problem in the past, but somehow, it has no longer appeared.

I use a program called Enhanced Caller ID by Edward Kawas.  It reads the name of an incoming call, SMS, or email, as well as announcing events using the phone's TTS engine.  Since I purchased an SVOX voice, this program is pretty nice.  However, it used to shut down all the time.  I know the voice data is stored on the SD card, so I thought that might have something to do with the errors.  The developer could not figure it out, why the Optimus would shut down a system process.  He make some tweaks to his code, and not only does the ECID work flawlessly, but I have not experienced ANY apps on my SD card disappearing.  I don't know if it's related.  Perhaps some android apps are not optimized for Android 2.2, and can contribute to general failures.  I really don't know.

Journeyman

Yes, mine had a hard reset yesterday, after owning the phone for 6-8 weeks and I got that error again today.  Not going to set up all my customizations to do this again.  Very unhappy with service and issue...

Wizard

Laury, perhaps try using a class 6 micro SD card with 8 GB of memory.  It has solved the issue for many folks, and may work for you, too.  Personally, I have three Optimus phones on my account.

It is good that you did not get a different phone.  Just browse the forums for other Android devices! :-)  I think the Optimus is the best executed concept of an Android device.  If you had any other Android phone from Sprint, I think your frustration would be exponentially greater.  I'm just glad I squeezed in another Optimus on January 27th, before they broadened the $10 network fee.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat