Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Remarq Ringtones - How to

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

LG Remarq Ringtones - How to

I just bought an LG Remarq and want to put some ringtones on my phone that I have on my computer.  Is there a way to do this using a micro SD card?  If not how else can I do this?

18 REPLIES 18
Journeyman

Re: LG Remarq Ringtones - How to

buy them.  unless your old phone has everything you want to transfer onto the remarq but it has to be a sprint phone can't be another carrier like verizon.  then take it to a dealer as they will transfer your saved data.  but as far as music on your computer no can't happen without buying the music first for your certain phone.

Master

Do you have a data plan? Here are some sites where you can find/upload/create your own ringtones and send them to your phone.

http://www.myxer.com/
http://www.funformobile.com/
http://www.zedge.net/
http://makeownringtone.com/
http://mobilereelz.com/
You could also try pluging it in to your pc using usb and drag/drop them onto the sd card, Not positive it will work but worth a shot.

Journeyman

Dropping the ringtone file onto the MicroSD card does not work. The Ringtones menu item does not see the file, and there is no "Set as..." setting in the music player.

Journeyman

*bump*

I've been snooping around and was unable to find a solution to this problem. I've tried the "false extension" trick, and anything involving the internet is out of the question, as I'm not under a data plan.

I've tried the Ventones method, but if I recall correctly, the LG Remarq  has no video capability.

I've also noticed the "My Audio" option under the list when assigning my ringtone, but selecting that option only gives me a "No Ringer File!" response. I checked the operating manual, or whatever, and it doesn't mention anything about the "My Audio" option, either.

From what I can gather, there are only two methods, without the use of internet:

1. Voice memo.
    • Bad quality audio
  2. My Audio
    • As stated above, I'm not sure how this option works.

I think I read somewhere that a micro-USB Data Cable may be necessary, but I'm trying to avoid spending that additional $20. Any constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Journeyman

I am having the same problem. I do not have the cable but can put the memory card directly into my computer, and drag files into the SOUND folder. However, when card is back in my phone, the only thing I seem to be able to do is play the file off the card. There is the option to copy or move the file but only within the card itself. There does not seem to be any way to access a main "Ringers" directory on the phone itself. I also see the "My Audio" folder under Ringers but do not see how to add anything to it.

Journeyman

There are 2 ways to do it but I find that this is the easier way!

Save the mp3 ringtone to your micro sd card. You want to save it in the sound folder on the card. If it's saved in another folder you will need to move it to the sound folder. Make sure that it is no longer than 30 seconds long,

Create new text message and attach the one you want to use. Send that message to yourself. Once you receive the message you would just click on the attachment and save as ringtone.

Took me forever to figure this out but it works.

once you save the ringtone you can locate it in the My Audio file

Message was edited by: vjbpkh1

Journeyman

Wow thanx! That really works! The only bummer is that the file name shows as a random number in phone, rather than the file name. But at least it works!

Journeyman

I'd like to first thank "vjbpkh1" in regards to his contribution towards a solution to our problems.

However, and I apologize for my ineptitude with these matters, would attaching the ringer file, or any file for that matter, to a text message accrue additional fees on my bill? I've been told that anything other than just regular texting would cost me extra, in addition to what I pay now. I don't have a data plan and I fear that this method may require one. Would anyone mind elaborating, please? Thank you.

And if you're reading this, "vjbpkh1," you mentioned that there was a second way to do this. If it isn't too much trouble, would you mind sharing, please? Thank you.

Journeyman

No! I did it several times during my last billing cycle and there were not any extra charges for attachment on text messages. I do not have a data plan either and have not seen a single data charge on my phone. I do have the unlimited text with picture mail. 

The other method is using the email to text gateway. you would just email to yournumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com or yournumber@pm.sprintpcs.com

It converts the email message into a text message. You would just attach and send. Then save attachment as a ringtone. I've done this way a few times and still no data charges.

These are the only two ways I have found that do not incur data charges.

Journeyman

So, I tried to do all this, but when I try to attach the file, it doesn't show up under 'sound'. Any advice?

Journeyman

You need to put your micro sd card in your phone first. It should format the card so that it contains a sound folder. When you put the card in the computer, open the sound folder and drag the songs in. Then, when you put the card back in your phone, the songs should be there. If not, its possible that you are using files that are the wrong extention, or are too long.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat