cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Remarq - ringtones without data plan?

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG Remarq - ringtones without data plan?

A couple days ago, we replaced our 3 LG Rumor Reflex cell phones with LG Remarq cell phones without data plans.  Love the new phones, but one thing is bugging me.  So far, I've only been able to use default ring tones already in the phone.  The reflex, I was able to convert mp3 files to mp4 video files, put those in the right directory on an sd card, and pick those as ringtones.  The same mp4 files are invalid files on the LG Remarq no matter what directory they are in.  I tried putting the plain mp3 files in all the directories on the SD  card (with filenames indicating which directory they were in so I'd know which worked) and they all play fine in the music player, but can not set them as ringtones.  "No Ringer File!" when picking My Audio when changing ringtone.

After doing some searching, the only fix I found was from a couple years ago where you could attach the sound file to a text to yourself then save the received sound file.  That may have worked then, but I get "Connect to internet?"  If I say no, it just goes back to edit the text message.  If I say yes, I get "Network timeout. Please try again." since I have no data plan.  When I remove the attached sound file and send the text, the text message comes to me just fine.  The Downloaded Ringers wants to connect to the Internet too nut gets network timeout too.

Is there a file format and directory I can copy via USB cable off my Windows 7 computer to the SD card in the phone?  If so, what do I do then to let it be used as a ringtone.

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: LG Remarq - ringtones without data plan?

Chuck62:

I can understand how not being able to use your favorite media as ringtones on your device.  I’ve looked into this quite a bit and what I’m finding is that the device is looking for MP3 no longer than 30 seconds and in the “Sound” file on the SD card.  Unfortunately, as much as I would like to help you get those songs able to play as ring tones, I am not.

Jon

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Yeah, I forgot to mention the mp3 was 10 seconds and one of all the directories I tried was the Sound directory.  It was a sound of an old telephone really ringing.

Wizard

Chuck62,

Thanks for the post. Are you still having an issue creating the ringtones. I did a search on community and I found this link http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/197536 . Try this and let me know if this helps.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Thanks.  Yes, I tried the adding attachment to texts but those wont go though.  Network error when anything attached but the same text goes through fine when I delete the attachment.

The attaching to email wont work either, because when I go to the email option it wants to setup access to the data services and when I let it try to "Connect to Internet", I get the "Network timeout.  Please, try again." and can't go further.  Maybe that worked in 2010 when that thread was posted, but looks like they fixed that use of data unless you have a data plan.

Wizard

Chuck62,

Thanks for the post reply. Have you tried taking this to a Sprint Service and Repair? I suggest letting a tech look into this issue since all other options have failed to work.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat