cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Rumor 2 Battery Charging Problems?

Journeyman

I've had my Rumor 2 for about a year and a half and just recently started having problems where I don't the battery is charging.  I've used the wall/travel charger that came with the phone basically every night since I've had the phone and recently I noticed that it did not have a good connection anymore (plug is wobbly in the phone socket, will stop charging when bumped ever so slightly).  I switched to a USB cable to charge with (it stays firmly in the socket) and it has not charged the phone (I think).  The red charging light is always on even though it has been plugged in for almost 12 hours and the icon on the display shows it still to be charging and sometimes will even flash red.  I can't find any reference to the red flashing battery icon in any of the user manual info, but I'm sure it can't be good.

Is this a charger or a need a new battery issue?  I've never had these sort of problems before, on a previous phone I've had to replace a battery but it just drained pretty quickly.  Confused and looking for advice!  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Wizard

Sorry about the battery charging problems you are having. 

It sounds like its the charging port or maybe a different device related issue. It's best to have it checked at a Repair center to have it diagnosed. If you have The Total Equipment Protection Program you may take it to a Sprint Repair Center to have it checked. There would be no fee as long as the phone does not have water or physical damage to it. Without the Total Equipment Protection Program you would encounter a fee of $35. You may locate a Repair center by going to sprint.com/storelocator enter your address and select

PinkElmo

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat