Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Rumor 2 ringtone issues

Journeyman

LG Rumor 2 ringtone issues

Very recently my Rumor 2 phone has gotten is ringtones reset and I cannot figure out how to fix the problem. I have personalized ringtones for my family members that are still showing as attached to the contact and the ringtone plays when I check it, but when I actually receive a call, I get a bird chirping sound and the phone announces the caller. I hate this! I want my ringtones back.! Where is this setting and how do I fix it?? Any help will be appreciated! 

3 REPLIES 3
Master

You may have inadvertantly turned on your "Voice Guide" which is a feature of "Voice Control." Go to your main menu, then hit #85, this should take you to your Voice Guide feature, make sure the alert is set to "OFF". This is the feature that announces the caller. Then make sure your contact ringers are set up properly.

Hope this Helps.

Journeyman

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

Thank you so much, my son has had this problem for weeks and we could not figure it out! This worked perfectly.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat