cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Rumor, Text Sending Cause code 34

18 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: LG Rumor, Text Sending Cause code 34

Thanks! Taking the battery out solved my family's problem!

Journeyman

You didn't read my message. I have that software version. I also helped someone with a brand new phone and her phone was failing to send messages and when i tried to update firmware she got the 7777 message too. Are they selling phones with old versions of the firmware?

Wizard

this is a known issue and can be fixede by the software update to LN510ZVB. On your device go to main menu, tools, update phone. Did this help you? If so please rate this post and mark your post as answered so others can refer to it quickly for solutions.

Journeyman

my rumor touch would do the dame thing even with the updated software. I took it to the sprint store and they updgraded, I used my computer to go to LG site to upgrade, still occasionally does it. Just helped someone who got a brand new one and hers was doing it. The fix did not work. You didn't geta bad phone, they all have this problem randomly. Most sprint people don't know it. You have to take battery out and put it back in to fix it.

Journeyman

I just got the Rumor Touch. Have had it for about a week. I experienced Code 34 and 107 today. Unable to send text messages. I have read this thread and my version is LN510ZVC. I can't get a newer version to download, get the 7777 code, but was able to update the PRL. I reset the phone recently and am able to text again. I hate to think sprint sent me a garbage phone. i may revert back to my trusty flip phone and be done with smart phones altogether.

Journeyman

I JUST BOUGHT THIS PHONE FOR MY TWIN DAUGHTERS 1 DAY AFTER YOU LAST POSTED. THE GIRLS ARE BOTH HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE CODE 34 SENDING TEXT ON THEIR LG RUMOR TOUCH. I HAVE BEEN IN COMMUNICATION WITH CSR AND TROUBLE SHOOTER AND ALSO VISITED THE SPRINT STORE WHERE I PURCHASED THESE PHONES 2 DAYS AGO. THE GUY CLAIMED TO HAVE FIXED THE PROBLEM AFTER 1 HOUR AND CAME HOME AND MY DAUGHTER TOLD ME SHE'S STILL HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.. I'M FRUSTRATED. I HAVE TRIED DOWNLOADING THE LASTEST VERSION AND A CODE 7777 COMES UP SAYING LATEST VERSION NOT AVAILABLE.. HELP. ON PHONE WITH TS NOW AND HE IS TRYING BUT DOESN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. ;(

Wizard

I've updated my post above with a link to the maintenance release thread.  If your phone is on the most current software release and you're still having these issues, please post back.  Thanks!

Journeyman

My question is what is code 34? It's great that they are working on solving the problem of why, but if they programmed this code, they should know what it stands for and I would expect them to be able to relay that here. (Now currently a problem on my rumor touch).

Journeyman

Thanks, Admin. The link you posted is broken, but hopefully our phones won't be for too much longer. We appreciate it!

Wizard

This issue has been reported and is being looked into.  A temporary workaround is to power cycle your phone.  I will post more information when available in the linked thread below:

UPDATE:

A maintenance release for the LG Rumor Touch was released on 8/26 that should correct this problem.

See the maintenance release thread here: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/42199?tstart=0

Message was edited by: dshoem01