cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Rumor, Text Sending Cause code 34

Journeyman

LG Rumor, Text Sending Cause code 34

Ever since i got the phone ive never been able to send a text message always get this

Ack Time Out

Cause Code:34

No clue what to do, too lazy to call them and ask for help on this, I always have bad experience on helpdesk, was once on the phone for 2 hours on verizon phone call to tell me i have a bad modem when it was 100% fine, Idiots.

At the time i assumed the prob was the network when i got it so i dragged my feet on trying to solve the problem and forgot about it. Well now i want to fix it, been a few months and its always given me the same error all the time.

Willing to try anything thanks.

18 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: LG Rumor, Text Sending Cause code 34

I just bought the LG rumor touch yesterday june 22 and I am getting the same error about 6 times in a row, calls are going through but texts are not.

Journeyman

I have the same issue...it started yesterday.  WTF?

error code 34

calls work but no texts

this sucks!

Journeyman

I went into the sprint store and they helped me out, put they didnt completely solve the problem. I can get txting to work but i still get the error message every once in awhile. If you take out your battery for about 10 secs, then go into settings and go to data, there is a refresh (update profile), hit that and your good to go (for awhile). I hope I dont have to continually do this everytime i get the error message. Hope this helps.

Journeyman

Mine does this all the time... I found that just powering the phone off and back on usually restores the texting. That's annoying to have to do every few days, though, but the fact that a reset works tells me it's got to be something in the software. Something that could be fixed with a nice firmware update... *bats eyes at Sprint*

Journeyman

I hope they fix this issue SOON.   This has been going on with me for the last couple weeks.  When I power off and back on it works fine. But sometimes it's a few hours by the time I realize there is a problem, when I turn my phone back on, I will get like 30 texts, that didn't come through from earlier.  NOT COOL!

Journeyman

yes, i got my rumor touch 5 days ago and i get this problem multiple times daily (but i am an active texter).

resetting the power on it does work but then itll take like 10mins at the least til i receive my texts and its very frustrating and inconvenient. i hope sprint definitely fixes this problem VERY soon

Journeyman

i have had the same problem, got the phone on 3rd of july and the error message would go about twice daily, been on phone with sprint multiple times and they said that they are working on upgrade to fix the problem. should be firmware update.i don't have internet on my phone and you apparently need internet to upgrade said the sprint store. took my phone to corporate office and they did not even know the problem existed! the problem is that customers can't report the problem it only comes through the technology guys at sprint. so if more people bring the phone in with the problem they MAY report. it. manager was extremely rude!!!!! there is screen she showed me saying there were no problems with the model of the phone and i can't report that there is problem cause i am only a customer??!! wtf. yeah i was pissed. the only thing i can tell you guys to do is trade the phone in and get same model and that may fix the problem. sorry...i am just as flustered with sprint!

Journeyman

Wow, that happens to me too. I have the LG rumor touch.. but i am doing it after like 3 texts.. and my boyfriend isnt to happy it takes me an hour to get it too work agian. Its driving me nuts, i restart it but somtimes that doesnt even work. Holy heck. This phone is making me angry.

Wizard

This issue has been reported and is being looked into.  A temporary workaround is to power cycle your phone.  I will post more information when available in the linked thread below:

UPDATE:

A maintenance release for the LG Rumor Touch was released on 8/26 that should correct this problem.

See the maintenance release thread here: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/42199?tstart=0

Message was edited by: dshoem01

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.