cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Rumor Touch - Browser and Digital Lounge Issues

Highlighted
Patron

LG Rumor Touch - Browser and Digital Lounge Issues

I purchased the LG Rumor Touch about 3 weeks ago. I am experiencing some issues that I can't get much of an explanation for.

• The web browser (which is up to date) does not respond when I touch a link on the main Sprint web page.
  • Pages do not refresh. Days later old cached pages appear even after clearing all data and resetting the browser.
  • There is no option to download NFL or MLB screensavers from the Digital Store. When I click login and buy I get a message that states "There is no content available. Please check if there is content defined for the markup of your client device."

The phone is up to date. I just don't get it. The response I get from Sprint (EVERYTIME) is "please try again tomorrow, it should work. We are experiencing issues."

Message was edited by: techfins1

64 REPLIES 64
Wizard

Re: LG Rumor Touch - Browser and Digital Lounge Issues

I don't think any of the issues you have are the phones fault. The site underwent a major change and they still have some bugs they are working on.

dd

Patron

When I am using the browser to do Facebook, I log in and will go to a new page on FB and have to log in again and I never logged out.  It's weird.  I used to have the Palm Centro and I do not like the Touch so far.  Do you use Yahoo IM on your touch? If so, how do I get it on the phone!  I can't find it!

Journeyman

I have had the Rumor Touch for 5 days.   There seems to be an issue with Facebook.

There is a factory installed link to facebook on the main screen.  When you sign on to FB with this link there are NO "Notiications"  "Messages" or "Friend requests"  visible anywhere on FB. This is rather an important feature for FB.

However there is an great little  icon to upload photos directly from the camera to FB. This works very well.

Now,  If I log into FB from a web page The notifications DO show up.  However The icon that allows quick photo uploads does NOT show up. 

Also When I log in to FB via the browser it will not remember the login or password and you must fully log in EVERY time.

Lastly, as refered to by an earlier post, when you log into FB through the browser you will randomly get kicked back to a page saying that you need to login.  AGAIN.  I haven't figured out what triggers this but it happens quite often when accessing through the browser.

I have also activated the FB mobile with this phone.  The text you receive ultimately is just a link to FB via the browser and the same log off issues persist.

When I contacted sprint they were unable to help and they do not know if it is a Sprint, Facebook or LG issue.  I plan on contacting LG asap and trying to figure out the root of this issue.

I would really like to know if anyone else is able to see notifications on FB when logging in through the link on the main page.

Thanks

Larry

Journeyman

^^^^^^^^^

I am having the SAME problem. A few days ago when i tried uploading the pics onto facebook, the upload button would work now when i click onto the upload button it doesn't work nor does it show any of the pictures saved to my phone after clicking upload, there is only an option that i can take a picture and then upload, but im unable to upload any of the pics that are saved onto my memory card, which is weird because it use to work a few days ago. I also dont like how the facebook app doesnt show you the notifications, and as of today i have to keep putting my email and password in to log on because it keeps kicking me off and telling me to log in again. If you find out the problem please do let me know!

- Sharin

Patron

I keep getting the same thing where I am logged in but have to log in again and again.  It's really annoying.  I get a lot of error messages and have to restart or refresh.  I do not like it.  I used to have the Palm Centro much better phone.  I cannot get YAHOO IM on mine, can you?

JOY

Journeyman

I Have an older samsung phone which i go onto facebook through the web bowser. About a two months ago it started loading old FB pages and I would have to load the home page 3 or 4 times to get a current page. Now i also have to log in my email and password every time I log onto FB. this was never an issue before the last 3 weeks.

Journeyman

The LG Lotus is no better have to keep cutting it off and on so it can ring. I never had a phone that I had to do that to for it to operate, got internet services and it's also a pain just can't wait for the contract to end 15 more months what a joke this is back and forth to get help works for a while and the same thing over and over.

Message was edited by: dluciuslips

Journeyman

woof999 wrote:There is a factory installed link to facebook on the main screen.  When you sign on to FB with this link there are NO "Notiications"  "Messages" or "Friend requests"  visible anywhere on FB. This is rather an important feature for FB.

Also When I log in to FB via the browser it will not remember the login or password and you must fully log in EVERY time.

Yeah same issue here.  The notifications are the most important thing to me and if the built in Facebook doesn't have access to that then it's a useless program to me.

The web browser version of Facebook is better but same problem.  It never remembers my name and password and I have to login each and every time!  Very annoying because I never had to do that with my Rumor 2.

Journeyman

I HATE my Rumor phone!!! Going to see if I can get service back on my old phone without any huge penalty.

Journeyman

I also hate my new Rumor Touch. I wish I had looked at these posts. I will be happy to pay the $35 restocking fee to get the HTC EVO next week. Why does the display turn off during a call? You cannot easily get voicemail because you have no keys to put in your password, you have to turn the display on to End the Call, or to answer a Call Waiting. The display should stay on through a call.

As for FB, those issues still persist. I see some of you reported FB connecting issues to Sprint months ago...it is not fixed...still Error: This service is currently not avaialble.

Unbelievable!

Journeyman

I have the Samsung exclaim and i don't have a problem getting down loads

from sprint for my phone.The only problem i run into is getting downloads

from the outside or them other mobile sites.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat