cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Rumor Touch - Browser and Digital Lounge Issues

Journeyman

Re: LG Rumor Touch - Browser and Digital Lounge Issues

I have the Samsung Restore and have had it for just under 30 days. It freezes up on me and I have to remove the battery to reset it all the time. The touch button for selecting what you want is EXTREMELY touchy. I thougth it would just be a matter of getting used to it but it is very sensitive. The calendar/scheduler takes forever to get into and then you can not move from one page to the next without backing out a couple screens first. Very time consuming. The camera takes some time to get used to but I do love the multiple picture feature for taking 5 & 10 pics at one snap. This works well when taking pics of live animals and helps with the normal digital camera delays in taking a pic. I will miss this feature as I am exchanging this phone for a Samsung Moment and not a minute too soon. My Restore is driving me nuts.

Message was edited by: arabianrose

Journeyman

At least you awas smart enough to trade phones.I have an samsung exclaim

i don't have any problems with my phone,just have to get the email updated and

that is a small problem compared to everybody else's with this LG Rumor phone.

Let know how your new phone is working out,my next phone will a 4G right now

i'm looking at the Epic,Good luck......

Journeyman

I just got the LG Rumor Touch and HATE IT. I went in to Sprint within 12 hours and of course they won't do anythign for me. Horrible customer service. So frustrating!

Journeyman

I never owned a LG Rumor but i do have Samsung Exclaim and that is not true that Sprint

will not do anything for you.Everybody that has a rumor phone seems to be haveing trouble

with.That leads me to think that the problem is not on Sprint but goes back to LG.I do not

think Sprint is at fault here,but of course you can think what you want.Why don't you try a

nother one of Sprint phones like the Samsung brands.

Highlighted
Patron

I still cannot say that I am happy with this phone. I am looking forward to my contract ending so I can get a new phone.

I can say that 90% of my Rumor Touch issues were resolved with firmware and Sprint browser updates. There have been 2-3 in the past few months. I found that the first firmware update changed the phone dramatically. I realize we're all stuck with this phone but hopefully this information eases your pain a bit.

For firmware update go to Main Menu >> Tools >> Update Phone >>Update Firmware (Rinse, Repeat)

For browser update go to SprintWeb, open the toolbar, and select Options >> Advanced >> Check for updates (Rinse, Repeat)

As for downloadable content, for whatever reason Sprint does not offer many downloads for this phone except some really bad ringtones. I got around this by utilizing the microSD memory card. You can find some really good wallpapers by Googling "iPhone wallpaper" for NFL and MLB.

Message was edited by: techfins1

My sister has this phone and loves it. For ringtones and wallpaper go to myxer.com. They have the best. For browser issues we use opera mini, which is a whole lot better than the default one on the phone. Go to m.opera.com

Journeyman

I owe a Samsung Exclaim and i don't have any problems getting

ready to up grade to a Samsung Epic.But i am not having all these

problems with my phone.Listening to every body complain about the

LG Rumor,i know not buy one or let anybody give me one.

Journeyman

Good luck to you.  My daughter has had nothing but trouble with her phone since she got it.  Even though I have insurance on the phone they will not replace it  they keep fixing it or giving her another rebuilt phone.  I think that if a phone has the same issue over and over again, it should be replaced especially if there is insurance on the phone.  I have been a customer for over 15 years, I think its time for a change.

Journeyman

I don't know why everybody keeps buying this phone.

This is the most silliest phone i heard a bout the LG Rumor

People should buy a real phone to use instead spending all your time to get the phone

fixed.you like it i love it.Sounds like the phone is pimping you.Me i get full enjoyment out

of my phone,switch to the Samsung line of phones,no problems what so ever.

Journeyman

Just get Opera Mini 5.1 or 2?  Kicks the other browsers butt

Journeyman

I heard that browser was kick ass but i still use my sprint

browser a lot too.It's kick ass on my Samsung Exclaim.

Journeyman

MIne is going to the please wait screen and and showing the logo

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat