cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Rumor Touch - Can't send Text Messages

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: LG Rumor Touch - Can't send Text Messages

I got my Rumor Touch on Aug 14th and upgraded my plan to include texting on Aug 16th. I can't send or recieve texts and when I turn it on, I get error code W302. I'm honestly thinking about getting a different phone if this problem doesn't get fixed.

Journeyman

I've had the same problems as well. When I first got the phone I loved it. Then in the first two months of having it, the issues began. First it started out with not being able to send texts. Then it continued, whenever i'd receive a text it'd either reset itself or the screen would show blank on the menu screen, when I would manually reset it it would completely freeze up so I had to take the battery out and put it back in. A real pain, now i'm stuck with a phone that sucks after paying over a hundred dollars for it when it first came out (by mistake, I had wanted the Rumor 2 but this was all they had in stock).

Journeyman

Have same problem.  Just got this phone on Aug 20 and added Texting to my plan.  The texting is intermittant.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Power cycling the phone generally fixes the problem for awhile.    Will be watching this forum to determine what to do next.   We also have a LG Litus Elite - no issue at all with that phone.

Journeyman

Anyone having this issue actually take their phone in and get it replaced with a different model?  My phone is starting to constantly do the same thing when trying to send messages (although I can access the web which makes no sense) I dont want to get the same model if I am going to have to keep going through this crap all the time. Have had phone for less than 60 days

Journeyman

havent been able to text for 5 days now...after 50 phone calls was told lg is having issues with this phone! great!

Wizard

Have you updated to the latest software version?  It was released last week and corrects the texting problem.

Journeyman

yes, they even gave me a new phone today and it still wont work..i am giving them a few days to figure it out then i have to switch phones or companies...cant live without texting...

Journeyman

i have the same thing it says error message not sent cause code 34 do u know a way to fix it???

Wizard

Make sure you are on the most recent version of software.  You can find the version and instructions for loading it at this link:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/42199?tstart=0

Journeyman

I always get the "error code 7777-no firmware update available" even though I know there is one since it hasn't been updated since I got it in June.  Yes it has data plan and I get get online

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.